Reiner Knizia Keltis Oracle, Through the Desert and Labyrinth on Sale (99c)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by spyky, May 13, 2011.

1. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    My absolute favorite of the lot is Keltis Oracle. Had many fun sessions with friends. Bought it and Through the Desert at (almost) full price, feeling the pinch now that it's so cheap :p

Reiner Knizia's Keltis Oracle

REVIEW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW): "Keltis Oracle is a great, light strategic board game for iPad, iPhone&…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    REVIEW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW): "Keltis Oracle is a great, light strategic board game for iPad, iPhone".

Keltis Oracle is the visually appealing sequel to the famous Keltis board game (known in the US as Lost Cities)! Between 1 and 4 players on the same iPad can play this exciting new board game from one of the world's leading board game developers, Dr. Reiner Knizia.

In Keltis Oracle, you guide your pieces into a spiral of stones,
    collecting rewards on the way, such as wishing stones and
    mirrors. Movement is allowed only by creating sequences of specific coloured cards. The stones in the spiral have special effects which enhance the strategical thinking required even further.

Now available as a universal app - run it on both your iPhone and your iPad!

Please note:

* Tap on the icons in the corners to cycle between human and computer players.

* Tap the middle stone to bring up a menu where you can check the rules during a game.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Family
    Release:Apr 01, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Reiner Knizia's Through the Desert HD

TUAW Review: "Serious board game fans have been anxiously waiting for this app ever since it was announced and I'm …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    TUAW Review: "Serious board game fans have been anxiously waiting for this app ever since it was announced and I'm happy to say that this latest Reiner Knizia port to the digital realm is totally worth the wait."

Through the Desert is one of the best known games by legendary board game designer Dr. Reiner Knizia. In this masterpiece of the light strategy genre, up to four players compete for control over the desert.

The game is quick to learn and relies on very simple rules. At the same time, it has an enormous depth - similar to board game classics like Go and Reversi.

Through the Desert fits excellently on an iPad, allowing up to four players to play on the same device. If you need additional challenges, the game also includes artificial intelligence players and allows you to challenge your friends over the net.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Strategy
    Release:Dec 14, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (1)

Reiner Knizia's Through the Desert

TUAW Review: "Serious board game fans have been anxiously waiting for this app ever since it was announced and I'm …
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    TUAW Review: "Serious board game fans have been anxiously waiting for this app ever since it was announced and I'm happy to say that this latest Reiner Knizia port to the digital realm is totally worth the wait."

Through the Desert is one of the best known games by legendary board game designer Dr. Reiner Knizia. In this masterpiece of the light strategy genre, up to four players compete for control over the desert.

The game is quick to learn and relies on very simple rules. At the same time, it has an enormous depth - similar to board game classics like Go and Reversi.

Through the Desert fits well on an iPhone display, allowing up to four players to play hotseat on the same device. If you need additional challenges, the game also includes artificial intelligence players and allows you to challenge your friends over the net.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Strategy
    Release:Dec 17, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

2. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    The only Knizia game I have previously played is Samurai and I really liked it. I wish the same version I have was available on the app store, although I could probably adjust to the different graphic style. So, how do these games compare and and thoughts on which is the best or better ones?

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

They aren't AS polished as the current Samurai game, but the meat of the gameplay is there and it is fantastic.

For 99 cents, if you like strategy and don't mind holding your iPad in portrait mode, these are totally worth it.