Universal Reigns (By Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 10, 2016.

1. It's not always turn-based. There are many times you'll have resources increasing or decreasing in real time and if you don't move quickly enough, you'll die.

But death is a huge part of this game.

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    #142 fabianb, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    I don't get it. I just got that silk road thing, my money was full and the other icons were half full, suddenly this guy said we should do a party, with the only answer being What... and I died because I ate too much. I couldn't do shit about it??

Also one time I died because my king was too old. It came out of nowhere. Nothing I can do about it.

What is it with these things?

EDIT: Ah I get it. So if one of those icons is full, you lose?

3. Yup! You need to keep all four somewhere in the middle. Can't get full or empty.

The death from old age is a weird one -- I've gotten it twice in the same game and couldn't figure out what triggered it.

4. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Alright. Maby with being old has the same reason? Maby you get that when the people icon is filled? Dunno, just guessing.

5. 99.999999% sure all my resources were fine every time I got that death.

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Can someone help me out on navigating the dungeon? The doors never seem to come up in the order that was suggested. Is there a certain year this needs to happen on?

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What item/person do you bring to Lamascus to get your gift from the Homunculus, or whatever it's called?

8. I made a really detailed guide for tricking the devil here: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/08/12/reigns-walkthrough-guide-how-to-trick-the-devil/

I'm not sure that year matters so much as what you've done before going in. I had trouble when I hadn't met certain characters first, but that could also be a coincidence. It's possible you can do it right away without completing much of anything.

9. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Please check rules if you want to post your site here!

10. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Does this game have cloud save sync or does it not need it?

How bad does it burn device batteries?

11. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Thanks. I've just bought it. So I'll try it out soon (as soon as baby goes to sleep)

12. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Not fan of game, novel approach but just really arbitrary. Regret spending on that.

13. No iCloud, but it's designed for iPhone, so I see no reason to play on my iPad.

It does burn through battery, but not as badly as PoGo does!

14. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    If you delete the game and reinstall at a later date, what progress would you lose?

15. Everything.
    I think the dev said they're considering adding iCloud, though?

If you complete the game and start over normally, some things are brought over -- basically things you uncovered in earlier games. So that's what you'd lose by deleting altogether.

16. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I don't feel that appunwrapper is advertising or self promoting, moreso just guiding us to all our answers in one place.

I'm personally grateful for the link and all the UA links throughout TA that aid the community.

17. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I am SO IN LOVE with this game. Only grabbed it last night but I'm already ten reigns in, best so far is 20 years.

I've got one problem: I have to stop playing now because I'm at work :(

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    +1

UA is a massive daily contributor to this forum and doesn't deserve a newspaper to the nose.

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I (we) get what you're trying to say, but AppUnwrapper is a HUGE part of the TA community who happens to help a LOT of people with many different things by simply being kind, helpful and informative. If people end up checking out a different site by default then so be it.

In short, AU is a highly valued member here who has earned the right to post almost anything they like and you should probably leave her be.

20. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So I managed to get all 3 endings. Probably going to put this one away for a bit. MANY hours of entertainment for a few bucks. Worth EVERY penny....

Unless of course you're one of those gamers who only buys a game for 99 cents and expects to get 1,800 hours of gameplay with HD graphics and free expansions every 48 hours.... This may not be for you then.

Everyone else, take the plunge! You'll be glad you did.