Universal Reigns (By Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #121 Neehan, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Fun game

Enjoying this game so far. I agree about the per second buffs going against the nature of the game. Plus I read slow and thus feel punished.

2. Harbinger7

Harbinger7 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Tricking the Devil

I’m about 90% certain that it involves the symbols listed on the timeline at years mentioned by the white witch. It seems like a path through the dungeon.

Has anyone tried using the death wish to kill the dog? I’m not willing to go back and play the game a third time right now, haha, but I’d be curious. There is one point that you can say, “Yes” or “I agree” to the dog. He will say something like, “Woof wififiwi woof.” You can then say, “I agree” or “No”, and saying yes randomly lowers two stats.

3. Harbinger7

Harbinger7 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Tricking the Devil?

What did you try that had worked? What happened?

4. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    The per-second thing isn't really bothering me...it's just for that one part right? Maybe I'm not far enough in but I wouldn't at all say it's game-ruining or anything.

5. Harbinger7

Harbinger7 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Per Second

I love the per second boosts from the silk road! I got a 105 year reign using the silk road perk.

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I wouldn't say love but it's certainly useful. The money also allows you to build several buildings to persist death to aid your subsequent playthroughs.

My fave buff obviously is Clarity. Super helpful

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is fantastic

8. Harbinger7

Harbinger7 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    How to Trick the Devil

I'm still anxious awaiting the first person to say how they unlocked "Trick the Devil". :/ I've gotten everything else except that and the govern 200 years achievement (which I don't expect to ever get, haha).

9. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    The per-second boost is bad design IMO. If you have a boost going and open up a branch of a quest you pretty much have to skip the entire conversation because otherwise you're dead. It doesn't fit with the rest of the game either hope it gets removed ASAP

10. Muk1000

Muk1000 New Member

Aug 13, 2016
    I just got the glitch where the game hangs after a king dies, and I'm disappointed.

That would have earned me the #2 spot on the leaderboards.

Attached Files:

11. finndc

finndc Well-Known Member

Superb, original thing, this. And genuine laughs! I still find those hard to come by but Reigns makes it feel effortless.

That happened to me as well :)

12. kidbeyond

kidbeyond Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Well, I followed the Trick the Devil clues from the White Witch...

Her numbers correspond to icons on the game's main timeline — fire, arsenic, acid, gold, pentagram, pentagram. Follow those doors in the dungeon — except for gold, break the wall instead, and for the first pentagram, take the *opposite* door.

That leads you to Kloc the skeleton, who tells you his story: he was an islander who fell afoul of a powerful mage. And the Mage knew he liked strawberries, so he made all the strawberries disappear.

Go back to the vase spirit. What he regenerates for you is a single strawberry — The One!

Go back into the dungeon and bring the strawberry to Kloc. This releases him, and he becomes your ally, assisting you during the game.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. So I'm not all the way there yet, but I assume I'm on the right track...

13. I got that with 1 point above my current high (not even close to yours) and I was annoyed. Can't imagine how you're feeling right now. Damn...

14. Harbinger7

Harbinger7 Member

Aug 13, 2016
    #134 Harbinger7, Aug 14, 2016
    Trick the Devil

As far as I can tell, you've gotten farther than anyone else so far. Once you get the death wish from the devil, if you get the option to "yes" to Kloc, that should trick the devil, since Kloc cannot die because he's a skeleton. Keep us updated!

15. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    would this work well on a Ipad 2? or should I just buy it on steam?

16. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Wow I am just awful at this haha. Two kings out at 5 yrs each. Having fun though as long as I don't screw it up too bad.

17. kidbeyond

kidbeyond Member

Aug 8, 2016
    #137 kidbeyond, Aug 14, 2016
    So I
    used the Death Wish on Kloc the skeleton
    , and it worked!

I tricked the devil!

Suck it, devil!

I've now gotten to all 3 endings. Fun game!

18. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    It's text and pictures. I would guess that it should work, assuming that device is supported.

It works great on a phone. A large screen is not required to enjoy this gem of a game.

19. Muk1000

Muk1000 New Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Today has not been a good day with this game. First I lose a 200 year run to a glitch, and now I couldn't get the good ending.

After befriending Kloc, I only saw him one more time. He asked me if I wanted him to help with my army, and I said yes. This was before I had Death Wish active. I never saw him again. Not sure if it was just bad luck or if you only get to talk to him once. If it's the latter, that's not very good design. Be careful in your runs.

20. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I'm tempted to buy this but what's this "per second" thing that seems to be putting quite a few people off?