Universal Reigns (By Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 10, 2016.

1. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Ho, and you're getting closer ! Almost there.

2. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    #102 xBTAx, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Ok.
    Need to take the cracks in the wall instead of gold, and the opposite door of the first pentagram. Died on that pentagram, so haven't been able to try beyond it yet. I'm cursed, so it's a matter of waiting till Rex has me follow him so I can get to the dungeon... But I'm assuming it's already too late, since I probably need to use what I find while on the crusade.

EDIT: Figured it out. Unfortunately, didn't quite make it in time due to some dumb choices in the dungeon. Now it's my next bloodline's turn.

I had been wondering who the Islander was...

I'm assuming this would answer what to do with the recreation option on the crusades as well, hmm.

EDIT2:

Aaaand did it! That was pretty neat. I think I might be done with the game now, though; it'll be hard to go back to playing seriously after racing through to do that. I've seen 601 cards, though, so I guess there's a decent amount of stuff I haven't seen? I wish I could stay alive long enough to deal with those terrorists ever...

3. Ugh. I had an idea of what I need to do to trick the devil, but I was worried I was wrong so I didn't do it. And now I think that was my one and only chance. :(

4. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Does this game have cloud saving or is it not required for this type of game?

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just wanted to say thank you for such a fun game and for making it a premium experience. Also thank you for taking time out of your schedule to come here to interact with us. It is appreciated!

Billy

6. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I have experienced all 3 of those bugs mentioned in this thread. I have seen the bug where duels do not display properly a few times yesterday. Each time it happened after about 1hour straight play session. iPhone 6s+ iOS 9.3.4
    Thankfully none of these have hampered my enjoyment too much. I did get pissed when I lost that one Kings progress, but it was fun playing over. My longest reign so far is 58 yrs, but on average I don't last so long lol. At the 1100 yr mark, having a blast

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Devolver Digital has been putting some great games on App Store. Def on my radar now!

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Exactly what Armadi said. The 1 tick per second mechanic makes a great game so stressfull. I really like this game. But this would be better with each tick per decision.

Also the later part of this game is very repetitive because it gets too hard to find a way to progress and get new cards.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    can't make it past year 50 so far but having so much fun!
    the only thing i would like changed if possible is the effects per second. They are too fast, take away from the fun of reading the cards, and especially the persisting ones, cause too many deaths one on top of the other if you are not extremely lucky.

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just got the "save data corrupt" bug and had to reset everything.
    Bummer.

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    That's a plus one from me on effects per second

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Hmmm.... Bought this one but it's sounding like a good idea to wait a patch or two to actually start playing.

13. JackDibs

JackDibs Member

Aug 15, 2015
    This is ruining the game for me. Its a turn based game for pete's sake and my sessions are losing progression when i stop to read a (new) card?! +100gold per second until full, bamn feast, bamn i eat too much, bamn yur dead.

Loved every other aspect of the game until i noticed this. This mechanic just seems dumb to me

14. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    This mechanic ruins the game for me also.

15. mblamar

mblamar Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Have to agree. Per second effects in a turn based game? Does not compute.

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I agree too -
    I love reading the cards and having to rush through feels counterintuitive to the experience.

The idea to make them tic-per-swipe is good.

17. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Maybe they gonna fix it on next update. Seems strange.

18. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I'ts probably meant this way but it would accommodate a lot of players if there was another option.

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    #119 Lickzy, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Can someone explain to me how to find
    Excalibur
    and how I can trick the devil but not the ending No.2 way?

20. Ahhhhhh evil game! I didn't read the earlier stuff on here and thought I had figured out how to trick the devil but I didn't. And do I want to go through all that a third time? I don't know...