Universal Reigns (By Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 10, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #81 LordShad0wz, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Not true. Simply hit quote button and it will appear in the quoted section.

Neener.

Billy

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Fun game but....

Having a total blast with this and for those of you who are concerned about replay value... Play with a friend! I put this on my big screen and played with my girlfriend (totally not a gamer) and it was a blast.

My biggest gripe is I am sick and tired of the game crashing after death. I had a few deaths of old age and the spinning triangle would just stay there and not go away. No amount of swiping would get me away from it and my progress was lost. Super disappointing, super annoying.

Great game otherwise

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well I played my first game. I have vast experience with the dictator series games. I knew I'd do well. I didn't even break a sweat.

I'm kidding I died at year 7 ROFL see the picture! Man all that experience did squat in this game. I love it! I'm going back to play now. Great game! A great way to spend $3!

Billy

Attached Files:

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Exactly. Thanks for using spoiler tags.

5. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Just quote them and read. If you want to see the spoiler.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hahahahahaa my 2nd game I lasted only 6 years! I literally did worse. It said they found gold in a mine. I said dig deeper. The next card said the town blew up and my money went into the negative lol

This game is awesome!

Billy

7. JumboPop

JumboPop Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Trick The Devil

I have found the way to trick the devil and end the game. What you have to do is wait till the spirit appears and say yes to his question. You will then end the game.

Attached Files:

8. JumboPop

JumboPop Member

Aug 12, 2016
    #88 JumboPop, Aug 12, 2016
    When the spirit appears, you have to say yes to his question. Since the spirit is dead, the devil cannot kill him. EDIT: This is only 1 of 3 endings. This one is the worst.

Attached Files:

9. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    #89 davidovich, Aug 12, 2016
    I've gotten the crash after death bug several times too. I hope they fix that. Aside from that, it's such an interesting and strategic game. I didn't get it at first, but after a couple of hours with it I'm starting to see just how smart this game really is. And, the humor is fantastic too. Good job Devolver!

PS - I emailed the dev about the problem.

10. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Oh, I already did that and have that ending, Jumbo. That's not "winning", though. Unless I misread something?

11. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Hahaha! (dev here)

No, it's not. Hell's end is the second end, the worst. You all found the tedious I suppose.

There's a third one.

12. JumboPop

JumboPop Member

Aug 12, 2016
    #92 JumboPop, Aug 12, 2016
    I simply stated it was a way to end the game. I'm not sure if theirs a way to "win" the game without dying. Edit: According to the Dev, there are 3 endings. Hell is the 2 and bad one.

13. JumboPop

JumboPop Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Nice, guess that means all have to get them all. :)

14. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    For the bugs encountered: yes, it seems there's a problem with some gamestates not being properly saved when you exit the app (not just home button, when you quit). Still trying to figure that out, it's a bit tricky. The dungeon duels not working is also a strange and rare one that I can't reproduce for now. There's also a rare one with an endless spinner on death cards (just restart the game should do the trick, but your last king may be lost).

I will keep an eye on all this and try to correct in the future, Thanks!

15. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Thought so, going by the achievements and all.

Obviously the years the witch tells you are relevant, but beyond that... hmm.

Anyone manage to deal with the terrorists? I sometimes manage to get told about them, but haven't seen anything more with them ever.

16. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    That's not tricking him though, he even explicitly say that won't work...

17. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Yeah the years are significant I still just don't know how, they all have pentagrama on the timeline

Attached Files:

18. JumboPop

JumboPop Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Your right, that is only 1 of 3 endings. /:

19. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    #99 xBTAx, Aug 12, 2016
    Oooooh... I wonder...

EDIT: Alright, let's talk about the dungeon, shall we? I have no idea if this changes from player to player (or bloodline to bloodline), but...

From the fortune teller, I figured out that
    Earth, fire, water, acid gets you Excalibur through the sword door.

Now, going by the timeline and spell:
    Fire, arsenic, acid, gold, pentagram, pentagram should get something but going to gold during that sequence actually triggered a trap even though arsenic didn't. Worth noting that there's other symbols on the timeline on years that the witch doesn't give. Next time I get in the dungeon (which... might not be till the next bloodline; it's unfortunately already 1850) I'm gonna try the other door before Excalibur, which is sulfur, though I'm assuming it'll just kill me.

EDIT2: Messed up second order at first.

20. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    For one of the bug (the "corrupt data" one): it seems to be a problem with the data saved that occurs when you kill the app. When you do that I ask the game to save your progress, but it seems that on some phone the OS kills the app *before* I can finish that task.

Try to upgrade the OS and to avoid killing the app (doesn't change much to your battery usage when the app is in background) until I find a better way to deal with that.

For the battery usage, I profiled the game, and I'm not sure there's a lot of room for improvement. The game is relatively intense (everything is vectorized to be clean cut, the gamestate is quite complex and the cards swipe a lot). Playing an hour constantly swiping will always have an effect on the battery.