Reign Of Swords Talk

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oma, Dec 10, 2008.

1. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    This is another of the games that I bought, tried really hard to like, but just couldn't. It was well done, but I thought gameplay was just slow. I really resisted taking it off my phone because I felt obligated to like it - but in the end I just didn't and finally removed it.

Before I removed it, though, I was sure to tell the game that "it's not you, it's me." I didn't want to give the game a complex.

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I still haven't beaten the last Aguileon mission, I followed the advice on the RoS website, which got me through the first two Aguileon missions, the last one is tricky, its a big castle to seige, I normally run out of turns before i can weaken them enough to seige all the rooms, closest i have gotten was two of the rooms seiged, if only i had an extra 5 turns, i could of beaten it

3. woojaekeem

woojaekeem Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Student.
    Washington D.C. The 703!
    me too...that mission's nigh impossible...:mad:

4. ReignBro

ReignBro New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Hey

Hey does some1 reckon the culd send me a link 2 a walkthrough 4 reign?

Im Lukeyrox btw =D

5. iGecko

iGecko Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Film student, photographer
    Montreal
    I'm a strategy fan bored of all the pick-up games for iphone. I have too much of them. They're great, but now I need a more substantial game. I've got Warfare Inc but so far, it isn't cutting it for me. Reign of Swords' demo was good, but ended too quickly and wasn't that difficult, so I'm still on the fence. I did enjoy Advance Wars, and while I'm not looking for a clone, I want a good think-before-you-act game.

6. ReignBro

ReignBro New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    hey i need lota help with the campaign stuff, ive tried so many times but i can't beat huneworld or auigulen, can u help?

7. ReignBro

ReignBro New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    i need help every1, cant beat auigellen or huneworld 3, help!

8. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    whatever happened to that version of reign of swords that costed 99cents but was on sale for free for awhile..it wasnt the lite cause it had like 4 countries or something..?

9. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    That was Reign of Swords Lite, it was removed from the AppStore and replaced with Reign of Swords Free.

10. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    ohhh i see! thanks. cause i remember playing it but last night i installed it again and now i wont go past the first country. i wonder what happened to those ppl who actually paid 99cents lol.

11. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    They get to keep the application. If they unsync it off their device, they can get it back from their application library. If they delete it from the application library, unsync, and empty their recycling bin, then it's probably gone for good.

12. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Arggh I can't beat Aguilleon or Sangosleil right now, but haven't tried too much with Sangosleil. I'm Ben Barrius online, and had one match where my ranger beat the opposing wizard with 2 HP left! That was intense lol.

13. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    #33 rpb1975, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
    Can someone please tell me how to beat the Carrone Raid (Defending)...it is the first raid, and I can win when attacking, but I have lost defending like four times now. I am ready to throw my *@#%$&@# iPod out the #*@#$& window....if you get my drift ;)

Please Help! I want to like this game, but I am finding it way too frustrating!!!!

14. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    I got it for 2 bucks but don't know what i'm doing is there a guide for this game?

15. Krobar

Krobar Active Member

Feb 5, 2009
    There are tutorial missions that explain almost everything. They are the first ones available to you the troop movement, etc ones. You can repeat them in case you missed something.

16. Krobar

Krobar Active Member

Feb 5, 2009
    You don't have to complete attacking and defending. Just one is fine. Move on to a different territory and try other missions and raids so you won't get frustrated. Also to make it easier when I started out I would do the same missions over again a couple of times to build a better army. Upgrading your troops help alot.

17. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I beat Sangoseill (sp?) a while ago, but damn this game is pretty hard.

18. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, I never could win defending from this raid in the Lite, so now I just immediately went to attack Baron Valneuve (?) as soon as I was finished with Carrone story missions. He is now veeery sorry ;).
    Anyway, story missions so far seem much easier than this raid - challenging, but doable. I am liking this game a lot, although the controls are a bit wonky.

19. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    OK, I have tried the multiplayer and I feel really stupid, because I don't understand how to win without direct tactical control. The dumb AI just brings me down every time! Is there just a "winning configuration" for troops on a given map? It certainly looks that way to me, as 2 different playes confronted me with exactly the same troop selection on a given map.
    I tried to set up tactics, but the AI execution of them was incredibly wonky and I couldn't set the tactics for the right wing of my troops at all (sic!).

Need some advice here, folks.

BTW, the single-player is still awesome, I play it obssessively. But the 2 play-modes couldn't be more different. Single-player is all about tactical micro-management, while multi-player is... what is it really about? :).

20. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009

im having the same problem as you isilel. Also, i just want to know some opinions on general strategy. Is it better to get higher priced units, or more of the weaker ones? Also, which is the best "star" unit? Meaning like wizard, hero, cannon, etc.