Universal Reflex Unit (by Alex Hughes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Robosaru, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Robosaru

Robosaru Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Billy, thanks again :) How about you gift a copy to a friend? That would really help to expand the user base and avoid me having to add IAP (which I am trying to avoid!).

2. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
  3. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
  4. Cliff20

Cliff20 New Member

May 3, 2017
    Simply excellent!!

What a great game!! This game takes me back to my sega days, the game has a retro feel to it but with that modern twist, love it!!

5. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Endless mode?

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a new mode for the VR version of Reflex Unit (https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1094315670658189/):

Endless Mode:
    No respawns, last as long as you can against respawning enemies with orbital bombs coming every few moments to keep you moving. Only the global top 10 will appear on the leader board:
    [​IMG]

I know many of you will hate the idea of IAP, but how many of you would interested if this was added to the iOS version?

Thanks very much for your feedback!

Alex
    ROBOSARU Games

6. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Oh well, I suppose there is no interest in adding "endless" mode to iOS as IAP then...

7. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    50% Price drop for limited time

8. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Is it having mfi support?

9. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Not currently. Touch support is very natural though and it is 50% off, so take a chance and try if you like.

10. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Well worth it! I paid full price and have no regrets. If you don't own it, now's the time. Just a fan's recommendation.

11. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    1.8 Update

Hi everyone,

1.8 update just went live. It includes a new "endless mode" that is unlocked by completing the campaign.

Along with this mode, the general aggressiveness of the enemy tanks has been raised. However, I would love to get your feedback on if you think the game is too tough now, or just the right level of challenge. Let me know your thoughts!

12. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    #72 shfrost, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Alex, I think you might be too close to the game. ;) More aggressive enemies? Holy cow! I guess that's fine if you just want to plow through the game giving no concern to 4-star wins. That I can do. But if you're like me, and need to see 4 stars before advancing, the original enemies were plenty tough. Granted, I haven't played much in the last week or two, but I have yet to finish the second camp with a board full of stars. I guess I'll have to give up that quest.

Suggestion: If you keep the amped enemy aggression, lowering the time frame might be a good idea, at least on the tougher levels. Six minutes can be brutal.
    Suggestion #2: Toss out a few promo codes to gain a little more, well-deserved, attention.

Thanks for the Endless Mode and recent updates. Now I really will have to plow through in order to try that out.
    P.S. Still hoping for the iPad Pro fix. ;)

Edited to add: Regarding the 4-star thing, it's quite possible I just suck.

13. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Hi Steve,

You know what... I think you are right - but wanted to get some other feedback as I probably am too close to the game now. I want the balance to be easy /medium to clear a stage but super challenging and fun to get 4 stars. With the latest update I think it may have gone more towards the brutal difficult level...

It's easy to revert back to the slightly less aggressive code - let's call this build an experiment ;-) and maybe I drop back down on the next release (or add a difficulty option).

I'll think about the promo codes and iPad Pro support.

thanks!

Alex

14. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    "Difficulty Levels" would be a great idea and solve the issue entirely! You could have the standard 3 levels: Easy, Normal, Hard.
    Or you could extend it further:
    -- Pitiful (also known as "Beat shfrost"), Easy, Normal, Hard, Extreme, Beat the Dev!

15. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Hahaha, love it. Don't sell yourself short though! :)

16. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Just adding a plus one to this comment. I played after the update and thought I'd accidentally switched it to some brutal difficulty level by accident.

Also thank you Robosaru for your dedication to the game, it's great to see.

17. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Thanks Guys, I have the new build ready to go which has balanced the difficulty to a more enjoyable level. Expect it on the store within 5 days or so.

18. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Just released on the store.

Alex

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the new update.

I love it!!! I love the auto healing feature. The game is definitely more fun now. I love this game!!

Everyone should buy this one.

Billy

20. Robosaru

Jul 7, 2016
    Thanks Billy! Appreciate your positive feedback.