Red's Kingdom Price Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wigzisonfire, Jan 21, 2017.

1. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    What a shaft. I literally bought this minutes before the price drop.

I know it's only a quid, but some how it feels like I have just been robbed!!!

2. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Still, I feel the Dev's deserve of £3.99 of my monies for this awesome game!

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    did they drop the price? I'm sure I got it for 5$ now it says 3.99$? if so I'm not mad I'm just a little disappointed as it just came out

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Price dropped again?

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yup!

6. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Hi,

The price drop was to help overall traction, the game is doing well and getting amazing reviews worldwide. The price drop hopefully will enable us to get better overall traction and chart position so we can support the game with whole new area's to explore via updates.

If you like Red's Kingdom, please let all your friends know how good it is.

pepsi..:)

7. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #7 Son of Anarchy, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    The problem that remains though, is that you've burnt all your early supporting buyers, twice now. As well as making them think you don't really care about them. Wouldn't be surprised if you actually see a lot of people getting refunds.

The next time you release an awesome premium game and can't understand why no one is buying it... will more than likely be directly related to these price drops. People don't like to feel suckered twice.

TA members here have been very polite about it, but I bet behind the scenes it has annoyed more people than you'll know. Not trying to be mean, just saying how it is.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #8 anthony78, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Hate to say it but agree with this. The game is absolutely fantastic and I was fine with the first price drop but this second one stings a bit. It's now less than half of what people originally paid for it in less than a week.

9. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Damn, another price drop (now down to 1.99)?
    I just bought it YESTERDAY for 3.99 - I wanted to grab it before it went up to 4.99. Oh well

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Exactly that. I am thinking to ask for a refund and will probably do. I feel so frustrated tried to support the devs for such an amazing game and now this. Oh man such a pitty.

11. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I don't mind paying 5 Euro because the game is great but you gotta believe in your game and in premium, this is not good for the game, you just had to left it at 5 Euro and with Christmas you could do a price drop, this just feeds the lurkers who are waiting for this and so you ruin the whole Appstore if it's not ruined allready, but the game is good ha ha.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    In my opinion its best to do a launch sale of like $2 then raise the price to $5 after a week or so but not sure how that plays out for profits.

13. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Awww man...I still love ya Cobra, but I must say it hurts to see it drop so soon. I'm definitely not requesting a refund, I want to help you guys out as much as I can. Hope you guys do well in the charts, would love to see updates to Red's Kingdom and hopefully more iBomber games.###

But yeah, I can see a lot of people being less forgiving than I am. You guys made a decision and I will support it, but generally early adopters are the main ones you don't want to upset. I would have waited a few more months, or better yet come out with a $1.99 or $2.99 price tag from the start, then raise it later. It's a shame, because your game is worth so much more than that.

Good luck pepsi and all of you Cobra # people :)

14. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Agree with all of the above. It's not the money, it's how it feels to early supporters. We are not all in here talking about how great the game is because we don't want it to do well. We all want it to be very successful. As this game is exactly what iOS gaming needs. Quality premium games right out of the gate. On the other side I understand you need traction & quickly. So all I can hope is that your game is the success it deserves to be.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Agree with everyone. While I truly support the developer and know that compared to the $30-50 games I grew up with Atari to Sony PlayStation $5 isn't much... the reality is some developers seem to do a sale for the first few days and state the regular price as "x". This way early adopters get in on the sale and lay adopters don't until the developer chooses for it to go on sale.

Wayward Souls went with that method and indicated with each added content (free) they increase again.

$4.99 to $5.99 to $6.99 with no sales to date.

Again as an old school gamer I know getting $30-40 Atari and original nes (Nintendo) games back in the 70's was a allot of money and now with mobile we are at the all time low.

Long live premium over f2p!

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    The thing is, there's an initial visibility window that only lasts a very finite amount of time. Look at the hordes of games lauded here, only to drop off the face of the Earth, with, perhaps, a very brief reemergence a year or two later when it's too late by way of a sale. If a dev feels they didn't get the pricing right, or there's a crippling bug, or it wasn't sent to enough reviewers early on, they have the course of a week or so to do something about it before their game starts to become invisible. You can't blame a dev for quickly leaping into action when something isn't right.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    That's fine but 60% off the original price is a bit more than just adjusting for getting the price right. I was fine with the $1 drop figuring that was what it was but this drop really hurt IMO, coming not even a week later.

Huge supporter of premium games but there is a point where it gets maddening when things like this happen.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    All the more reason to do a launch sale #

19. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    I understand how difficult it is to gain traction these days if you're a relatively small developer releasing a premium product. The way to do this is ideally get an Apple feature, get some good reviews or curate interest through sites like this one. Early adopter sales can help with this if you're worried about too small an initial uptake. Getting people to jump on board early and say positive things really helps; it certainly encouraged me to buy. What doesn't help is stinging the people who've tried to help you. It's not the money as much as it's the principle. This is what makes people wait for sales and kills your initial chance of success. I've spent thousands on apps, as have plenty of others here, but things like this cause us to drop into the f2p abyss. It's the pricing uncertainty that causes problems. To my mind, the way to go is one week early adopter sale with clearly defined price increase info. Stick to that and a couple of months later, do a price drop to coincide with a date; Easter, thanksgiving, Christmas, Black Friday etc. Hopefully get an article on TA noting the drop. Most early adopters will happily drop more money on new levels to maintain income if it's worthwhile. I'm just rehashing what others have said but there you go...........

20. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I have no idea why anyone deems it their right to complain about the dev dropping the price. The base fact of the matter is that when you bought the game for $x you believed that the game was worth $x. Just because the dev drops the price doesn't distract from your original assessment of believing that the game is worth $x. I'll never understand people's resentment to supporting devs. They have their own family mouths to feed.