Universal Red's Kingdom (By Cobra Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 19, 2017.

1. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  2. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Beat the game! I probably should have looked for more hidden areas as I only had one extra heart which made a few of the last sections a bit tricky... This game was quite a surprise as I really enjoyed the puzzle/adventure combo (and these behind the scenes looks in this thread). Well done.

3. Honki

Honki Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I really, really like the game, I'm 51% done, but I definitely prefer the Steam version. The mouse controls are so much easier, the constant swiping becomes quite tiring for me after a while.

4. sambitpatra

sambitpatra New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Its a great game. Defeated the king in couple of sittings.

I am at 83% complete and trying to go back and get the other 2 golden acorns + other missed acorns. But I am stuck trying to get back to the last warp point from the throne room. Because the room just before the warp room doesn't have any supporting pillars etc towards the door.

5. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

So after we liked the direction and feel the dungeon's would give us we tried some different looks/area style's which added atmosphere and gave you a bigger sense of the location you we're in, that turned out like this,

pepis..:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    #126 Prhaber, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Loving the game so far (about 3 hours in) and just collected all three of the gems. However I've got to the gem gate (where the game automatically saves) and now whenever I open the gate using the gems and try and go through, the game crashes as it tries to load the next area. Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Are you on the latest version?

I think that's the room I had trouble with (see my screenshot on p4 of this thread, post #31) but they fixed it in v1.1.

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    This is a fantastic game. And a content update is being worked on? Very exciting :)

I defeated the King and completed the game with 97% after exploring what I thought was every area. After a second run-through, I ended up with 99% and think I'm just missing 1 treasure piece. Funny how bez and I are missing 1 thing but found each other's. At this point these were my stats:

Time: 7 hours
    Moves: 15,231
    Nuts: 1253

I've since started the difficult task of trying to find the 1 treasure chest I'm missing. I've since found 5 more nuts, putting my latest stats to:

Time: 7 hours, 37 minutes
    Moves: 16,664
    Nuts: 1258

As for how many nuts there are to find, I've stared at this for 30 minutes and can't figure out how I'm supposed to arrive at approximately 1258...
    [​IMG]

And for a little bug report: Whenever I come back to this room, 1 of the sticky pillars is stuck down, leaving me no way of activating the switch. I can go through an alternate path to make it north, so it's just a slight inconvenience. Not sure what caused it, I used it to go down the stairs. Maybe a weird timing with rolling onto it, or off it, or exiting the room?
    [​IMG]

9. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Matt33,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue, we're trying to fix.

me..

10. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Once we had a visual direction to go in we started work on building that (more later). We also started work on some of the main characters in the game, i.e. you, the good guys and the bad guys. Here's how we sketched out thoses...

pepsi..:)

early Red in b&w
    [​IMG]

and then in colour
    [​IMG]

11. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Hello Pepsi,

I've noticed that french doesn't appear in the appstore. Since i bought it, i'm playing in english because i didn't know they were other translations! It could be better if it's in the description in the appstore, where you can see if the game is translated or not. You'll sell more probably, a lot of international players don't buy games because they are in english only. If yours is translated, why not telling us it is!

Thanks again for everything, i appreciate each part of the game.

12. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Hi,

The game should auto-detect your device is French play the game in French. The game is also fully translated in French, will have to look at this.

me..

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    SPOILERS POSSIBLY AHEAD

I think I beat the game but I'm not sure - I defeated the king and took his place on the throne, saw a cut scene but afterwards I could continue playing - perhaps to allow me to gather all the collectibles I missed. My completion rate was 80% and I took me a little over 5 hours to beat the game. Did I indeed beat the game?

14. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Found my last treasure and got 100%! Just under 10 hours. It seems I also found one more nut, although I don't recall seeing one. Do you get one for opening a chest? Have I now found all the nuts?

[​IMG]

I unlocked all the achievements too. Here's my speed completion time. Has someone done it faster? I died a few times, which slowed me down.

[​IMG]

Yes, and you're right about being able to explore further to find all the collectibles and get the achievements.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Thanks Matt33 for clearing that up.

To anyone on the fence, I'm not a puzzle game fan, but I really enjoyed RK. Highly recommended!

16. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

GiHubb,

You've completed the main game objective (well done) but have you found all the hidden secrets? Once you have defeated Mad King Mac the game is left open to allow you to explore more and see if you can discover all the hidden secrets and area's in the game...for the time being!!

17. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Matt33,

At the moment there are 1252 nuts in the game to collect and find,

but,

there is a slight issue (some may call it a feature or a bug!!) which allow's for some extra nuts to be gathered. We're working on it right now (and some other special RK stuff) to get our nuts accounted for and back in order.

p.s. Congrats on 100% :D:D

18. tilman

tilman New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Help!

I am around 26% into the game, I think it‘s Grimwraith Castle. Now I am stuck in a room and I (think I) have tried everything! Are there rooms that are impossible to do, even if they have the light blue exit?

Here it is:

[​IMG]

Anyone can help?

19. spidersaur

spidersaur Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I remember that room, I was stuck on that for a while too. I can't remember how exactly I solved it unfortunately, but it's definitely not impossible.

Maybe someone else can help you, but for now just keep trying. I eventually got it and it was much more satisfying than looking up the answer :p

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    However, if you really want to spoil the solution:
    Start with the red blocks raised. Activate the top switch while standing on the lowered blue block. Roll off the block to the right, then roll back to hit the blue block. Roll down and activate the bottom-right switch. Roll up to the exit.