Universal Red's Kingdom (By Cobra Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 19, 2017.

1. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Sorry, I'm behind you so can't help with that query. I feel the majority of price discussion (or the price discussion I thought was valid!) wasn't about the money, but the principle of the pricing strategy. Rewarding early adopters can foster a great community, swift price drops can foster early adopter animosity, as is evident. For me (not on this game as only just picked up) it's a relationship / principle thing, but then again everyone is allowed to make mistakes. My feedback to the devs is they might want to rethink that strategy in the future if the repercussions affect them.

Anyways, less pricing, very nice slick game - only 15 mins in, but enjoying. Will take a lot to drag me away from the xmas backlog though!

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    And if Apple doesn't break them.

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  4. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #84 Roxton, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Those are heart container pieces. Collect three and you get an extra heart. They're rare collectibles.

When you say "let yourself die," it sounds like you missed the bit on charge attacks. If you tap the screen right before you hit the enemy (when you reach the adjacent square), you do double damage and take *no* damage. Hope that helps! Love your guides/reviews.

Edit: BTW, resetting the room undoes any damage you've taken in that room. Often worth it if you miss a charge attack off the bat. With a little practice, you can nail them consistently.

5. #85 AppUnwrapper, Jan 24, 2017
    The Heart containers are in a jar. I'm talking about regular big and small hearts that I believe I picked up when my health was full already. The description makes it sound like I should be able to use them sort of like a potion. I don't have any other idea why they would be there.

As for the charge attack, I didn't notice anything about that in the little guide book. It actually even said that taking on enemies causes you to lose health. I checked specifically because I was trying to see if there was a way to take them down without losing health. Is the charge attack a skill you pick up later? I'll take another look a little later today either way.

And yeah, I've reset the room sometimes. But if I brought the damage with me from killing a squirrel, I don't bother -- because from what I understood, there was no way to avoid that damage unless I avoided the squirrel altogether. If I can indeed kill them without taking damage, then the info shouldn't have been so easy to miss.

Edit: I just looked again. First off, this is the description for the hearts I picked up:

http://www.appunwrapper.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/img_0986.png

And this is all I can find on killing enemies at the moment:

http://www.appunwrapper.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/img_0987.png

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    It explains the critical hit (tap before collision) when you have your first battle and that's it.

7. It's not added to the book? How odd. I'll try it out, though. Thanks!

8. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Update v1.2

Folks,

Update v1.2 is now available on App Store and fixes the iOS9 issue. Sorry for any problems or down-time.

pepsi..

[​IMG]

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Can someone count this out please ha ha, have no idea but I wanna know how many nuts that are in the game.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Oh come on now, it's first grade math. However if you are colorblind, here are the equations.

8+2-3=

3x6+8=

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #91 houseofg, Jan 24, 2017

Did that really just happen!? Sheesh. You may need to fill in the rest too #

And it says nothing about those numbers being relevant to the game (further to the other comment).

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great still no answer on how many nuts ha ha, back to school than.

13. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    You should have a calculator on your phone and computer, whichever you use to post.

I do wonder how the equations are relevant to the game.

14. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Just downloaded the update which means I can now play this game on my 1st gen iPad mini.....and boy was it worth the wait. Fantastic fun so far (an hour or so in) and a wonderful mix of puzzles, adventure and an open world. And I'm loving the Scottish vibe in the music, place names, etc. Kudos to Cobra Mobile for showing their Dundee Roots!

15. frexx

frexx Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Just got 100% completion.
    For what it's worth I have 1251 Acorns, so with the one on my game that is impossible to get, I think there are 1252 in total?

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks, just wanna know how many nuts Mr.Bez has or is this inappropriat and how many moves and some other players can share them as well if they want or like.

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am on 78% now and have 1009 nuts with 11731 moves thus far.

18. pepsi

pepsi Well-Known Member

Red's Kingdom, more to come...

Thanks for all the on-going positive messages in support of the game.

FYI, we are already under way on a great new update which is going to add whole new area’s to unlock, explore and venture to. Setting sail soon, will keep you all posted.

pepsi..:)

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi pepsi may I ask how many people worked on this game and for how long, I find that very interesting because the world is so detailed that must have been a lot of work.

20. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I'm lost. I managed to get all 3 gems, but after the 3rd I'm not sure what I'm looking for next. I think the game tried to tell me where to go, but I missed the dialog... any hints on where to head next as there isn't an indicator on the map. Thanks.