Redownloading apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DrDeathjeans, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DrDeathjeans

DrDeathjeans New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I bet this has been asked before, but I don't know how to find any previous threads, so I'll just ask.

If I downloaded an app for free, and have the receipt to prove it, can I still redownload the app for free even if it now costs money?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Yep. No matter how the price may have changed since you bought it, it will download for free, assuming that you're using the same iTunes account. If you're unsure, just try to post a review on the app store. If it lets you, then you own the app and can download it anytime, as many times as you like.

3. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    I would suggest always trying the "Post review before hitting purchase button" method. There have been a few cases where an app has been removed from the app store and resubmitted under another publisher. This happened to BoardBox from Moville when they split from Chillingo. I bought the app back when it first came out but if I went to redownload it now iTunes would charge me again due to the publisher change. Just a FYI.

4. DrDeathjeans

DrDeathjeans New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Ok, I took your guys advice, and all the games I wanted to get were all still free for me. Thanks for the help

5. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    EPIC trick with the review. I'd never thought about that. Thanks guys!!!