Redeeming promo codes on a different computer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by CBraun53, Mar 18, 2009.

1. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I recently received a promo code for a game but my MBP that I sync my iPhone with is at the apple store getting fixed. Can I log into my iTunes account on a different computer, redeem the code, and then “purchase” the game on my iPhone and not get charged? I want to redeem the code soon as I don’t want the promo code to expire, and I want to play the game now.

If this won’t work, does anyone have any other suggestions on how I could redeem the code?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Yes you can. Quick note though it'll load app into their itunes app but it (hmm can't remember this well maybe I'm wrong) won't check for updates for it unless you log back into your account. So best to just load it on their itunes (other computer). Once the promo is in your account you own that app and can download it (buy) it from your iphone app store app and you won't get charged for it.

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Just use the code on the iphone

Open itunes-->downloads-->redeem

Enter code
    Next time u sync he app will transfer to the. MBP

4. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    Alright great, thanks for the response.

5. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks, never knew you could do that.

Except now I have to wait to play the game until I get my computer back because it says that I have to sync it with my computer to download the game. Do you think I could download it from the mobile app store and not get charged now that I have redeemed the code on my phone?

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #6 Kamazar, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, you can do that. I have a touch, and my HD got wiped. Not wanting to sync lest I lose all my music (I was on a different computer, BTW), I redeemed the code in iTunes, and downloaded the game via WiFi. It told me if I wanted to download the game again, "Indeed, I do" I thought to myself, and pressed yes, or confirm, or whatever the dang button said.

7. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    just open the app store app and the game should automatically start downloading works for me

8. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks for the responses. I opened up the App Store and it downloaded. Thanks for the help everyone.