Universal REDCON (by Hexage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 29, 2016.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The game is a little hard to understand but I can tell playing the free portion maybe a couple of times will help explain the game... Quite intrigued by the game as it provides a fairly good amount of variety.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Did you check out the guide I posted a link to earlier? It explains a lot of the stuff I wished I had understood and had to work out early on.

3. Hexage

Hexage Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Developer
    Europe
    We've submitted a new update for review today. What's new:
    • Minimum iOS version is now 8 (down from 9)
    • Decreased AI soldiers' ability to evade danger without Radar
    • More credits awarded for the crisis missions
    • Improved Raptor and Sycamore Layouts

4. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    #24 PrimoBr, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Thanks! I sent you guys an email about lowering the iOS requirement! Already bought the 5.99 IAP on my phone (ios 9), waiting anxiously to play it on my ipad( ios 8)! Good luck with the game and thanks again!

5. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I like the game a lot. I wish this had a "pvp" mode, like when you build a tower and attack other players towers while they are offline or whatever other way this is possible. Any other games like this with a "pvp" aspect?

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Devs care! :)

Thanks so much! I do love me some hexage. I'll be buying IAP after I give the trial areas a go.

7. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Oh this is amazing news! Thanks!
    Looking forward to not having to upgrade and still play this. :)

8. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

I'm glad that more users will get to try this game! :)
    (Also glad for the AI nerf as their dodging was too op)

9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    It's a nice game, I think I finished level 10 or so, but the amount of micromanagement required can get extremely tedious. Example: when the enemy has defenses up, the best way to penetrate is to fire a large amount of projectiles at the same time. Some will go through. So for that you need to pause, "hold fire" on each weapon individually, wait for them to load, pause, remove "hold fire" so they all shoot together, then pause, and again "hold fire" for them again. Repeat. On top of that when enemies fire at you it's a good option to pause and start moving your little dudes around. So I dunno. Not sure if I'm enjoying this as I would like to. Will push on and see.

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Totaly agree. I may buy the iap to support the dev for a well thought game but i do not know if i am ever gonna finish it. Soooooo much micromanagement it becomes a bit frustrating after a while.

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Is there a way to issue a similar command to all your weapons? That would make things less tedious. You can, for example, select multiple soldiers by drawing a square however I think it would have been very useful if you could issue all cannons to hold fire, shoot flash bangs (where available), etc. it would remove some of the tedioum of having to select each individually. Currently, I think I'm pretty much done, the micromanagement is too much for me.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I agree wholeheartedly. Except I replace "frustrating" with "awesome" ;)

13. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Update to lower the iOS requirement is out. Thanks devs!

14. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I'm loving this game. Good little stoyline, loving the "FTL-esque" vibe. A little too small on my 5s, however. Really glad for the lowered ios requirement, so I can start playing on my ipad.

Thanks, devs!

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is awesome!

Since they lowered the requirement I'm going to go out and buy the Redcon1 iap pack. These devs deserve it. (And I hope they make a Reaper 2 someday..)

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I finished 11% of the campaign and can't see myself moving forward - it's just so tedious now -- click a cannon, click hold fire, click a cannon, click hold fire etc about 4 times. All cannons loaded? So now repeat this process just release the hold fire. Volley is off? Do it all again by giving the command to each cannon individually. I'm sorry but this isn't awesome. In the earlier levels it's not such an issue but later on, oh boy.

A much better solution in my opinion would be that instead of having the rectangle you draw to select multiple soldier, would have it select cannons instead and commands they have in common would be displayed. Regrettably, as much as I want to love this game, I just can't currently.

17. andylangers

andylangers Active Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Have to say I am really enjoying this, it can be a little frustrating at times when you come across an opponent with a different strategy and takes a little time for you to adapt your own in response, I've bought the Redcon 1 expansion with all the extras and although it doesn't make things any easier you do get some additional resources.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Man the reviews could not be more polarised.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'd really like to be able to toggle hold fire for all cannons at once, that'd massively improve the game for me.

20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Not sure what camp I fall in yet. So far I've enjoyed playing the game and although i agree with the comments of micromanaging, I also see some if this as strategy sign deciding which weapons to use in different circumstances etc... I'm leaving to buy the iap to support the developer busy again still undecided if the micromanaging will get a annoying or not?