RedBull Air Racing looks awesome - and FREE?!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tosui, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I've been waiting for Artificial Life to release RedBull Air Racing for a while, and it's looking amazing! Different planes to choose from, which you can customize up the wazoo (canopy, cowling, propeller, wheel pan, etc.), and of course there are different courses to race on. The website has a video

Best of all, the icon clearly states "Lite", which means there will be a free version to try! If the controls are good, this will be a clear buy for me (probably an early TOFTT).

Now, if only they'd peg down a date!

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Soon I guess. The icons are in order; BMW app was just released; this is next.

3. It looks pretty good, but it certainly looks like it has a more arcade feel to it than anything resembling realism. I like the landscape textures and buildings- wish X-Plane looked like that.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    How is that a bad thing?

5. I didn't say it was a bad thing- I am just stating that people expecting a little more realism will be disappointed. I personally think the more arcade-like approach would be the best way for an arial racer.

6. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I think the controls will be the ultimate make-it-or-break-it for a game like this. Here's hoping they get it right! (*please please please*)

7. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Looks kinda like the PS3 Home game that was out a while ago.... framerate needs work

8. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Did a little more digging... The press release says the game will come out prior to the new (2009) season, and the season starts on April 17th.

Should be soon for the game!

9. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This game looks awesome. For free, looks like you can't go wrong. The graphics are amazing and although they could do some work on the framerate, overall a very nice-looking game. Can't wait til this one comes out.

10. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    there will be a free lite version, but the main version won't be free (at least thats how i understood the first post).

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I'm pretty psyched about this game... there's not much better than watching the air racing on TV... forget football and basketball... this is much more intense!

I say bring it on! I'm leery of free games, i'd be happy to pay $2-5 for a quality game...

12. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    GAH! I always come here and see. Free? AWESOME! Then its just a lite version.... I expected the whole thing to be free. THanks for crushing my hopes... :) seriously, if it is a lite version, write that.