Red Star (XS Games)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by emjeeman, Jan 12, 2015.

1. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    #1 emjeeman, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Does anybody have this game. The game's developer, XS Games, stopped selling it on the Apple Store and they seem to have dropped all operations now. So I'm heavily out of luck with getting this awesome iOS game.

Any help is appreciated.

2. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Anyone have the Lite (free) version?

3. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I had downloaded it years ago buys it not showing up in my purchase history. Shame.

I need to check if the psp version is still on PSN

4. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Do you have it as a backed-up app perhaps?

5. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    XS Games went kaput a few years back, so I doubt they're paying their license fee to Apple.

6. emjeeman

emjeeman Active Member

Apr 30, 2012
    You know, this really confuses me. The company's website is still up and running, but they definitely show signs of going under. Do you know for sure that they've shut down or is it just based on their total inactivity? I can't find any info that explicitly states it, just a wikipedia speculative remark.

7. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Nothing I can point to, but the website hasn't been updated in ages, their phone is disconnected, and they haven't released any product in more than three years. Heck, the website's even advertising a contest that expires in 2012 as its main feature. They're dead.