iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I'll second that.

And congrats from over here as well. Good luck too... =oP

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1402 backtothis, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Onto the iPhone 5 it goes! Still the best RTS on the AppStore. Really awesome to see it being updated.

Edit: Aw, I just realized the game still does not support widescreen after trying to play a match just now. Universal support + widescreen would make this amazing. Playing RC on the iPad would be such a blast..tons of micro would be possible and much easier to execute.

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This is a fantastic game. I've had it on my watch list for a year, waiting for some kind of update. Finally!

I hope this gets widescreen support as well. But still a ton of fun.

4. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Congrats on your newborn!!

The red/blue games are definitely my favorites so the new updates were a great surprise!

The only thing that bugs me about Red Conquest to this day is that the red is still lighter than in the blue games. There was a reason why posted a long time ago, but I'd like to see the colors consistent amongst all the games.

And of course, chapter 3 (and beyond?) plus universal support would be cool.

Just easy stuff that can be done while the baby is sleeping. :D

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    With Retinafication and wide screen support topping the poll for improvements to Cat in a Box games, and Fastar! and Red Conquest looking like fan favourites after a quick glance at the poll and your (rightfully) epic return thread, I'm surprised to see only the Blue games receiveing wide screen and Retina updates. Is there a chance Red Conquest and Fastar! might see similar love any time soon?

(Red Conquest, in particular, still today stands as one of my favourite examples of how ease of access and depth can be married together happily on the platform, and shares a very honourable top spot with Autumn Dynasty as the example of how to do an RTS for touch screens, and it would be really nice to enjoy it in full eyecandy-ic glory on my new iPhone 5S.)

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Only iOS 9 support but better than nothing!

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    In a world of disposable games with a six month shelf life here is a developer who is still updating six year old games in his own time around a full time job and Red Conquest STILL holds up to and other RTS on the market in both gameplay and cracking graphics. If you don't have this game you should at least watch a vid and see if this is your bag. Thank you Cat in a Box! I hope I'm still praising you six years from now, you are the best! :D

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Day made.