iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I still would take out the cut scenes... really not cool.
    The story progression via text is cool as it is right now...

2. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #62 5duc29, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    Just finished the campaign mode (six levels, including tutorial). I think the campaign mode is roughly around 1 1/2 hours long. It's not great but challenge mode will make up for it.

Saw the teaser (end of campaign) for the next episode, it looks great. I have a question-spoiler (highlight) Is there another group of enemies in the next episode? I saw green guys attacking the blue planet :eek: It looks awesome. March 2010 seems a little far off though. I was counting on it to come around mid to end of January *sigh*

I can't wait for the episodes :D

EDIT: Yeah, the cutscenes are kind of weird, but it's fine with me though. Maybe have it as a separate comic strip or something- I think Defender Chronicles is doing that..

3. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Hmmm... in the campaign level you showed to us in the gameplay trailer, there is something I guess should be a spoiler to the future episodes?

I hadn't much time to play it, I just had breakfast and before and after the breakfast I was talking to some1 on the telephone...

When I bought the game, I looked at the main menu for at least 3 minutes... Already the main menu looks awesome!!! Do you somehow spawn uncontrollable units and let them fight each other, or did you record a video that you play again and again?

4. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Btw, can you publish the soundtrack, so we can download and listen to it?

5. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    got this on my to buy list, but have picked up blue attack (blue defense lite wasn;t really me cup of tea). But i LOVED the look of blue attack, and i have to say its brilliant. i dont like shooters, hardly ever play them and just about never buy them, but this game isw dfferent, its really reall great,

i know this is the wrong thread, but its has really impressed me and i think red conquest has now gone to the top of my to buy list right now.

you can really see the great improvement and progression through your threee games, first the simple defnding mechanic, then a more robust shooter with great upgrades and visuals, and now an ambitious RTS, its really impressive.

6. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    HOLY CRAP!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS!!!! Why are there only 65 posts?

7. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    it's two AI players fuming it out. :)

Nd yeah, when I programmer that in the first time, I stared at it for a looking time... You should try watching it with gamespeed at 50%! :p

8. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I'll keep it mind when I make the cutscenes for the next three episodes. :). Thanks for the feedback, Rocco :)

And about "skirmish mode" - you can play multiplayer by yourself with a bunch of AI opponents. :). Maybe I'll make the UI easier for that in the first update? Or at least more obvious?

9. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Thanks! We really tried to make the experience as smooth as possible, so I'm glad you noticed. :) we're making it even better with the 1.0.1 patch - a background loader will stream in all remaining assets, so there won't even b a hiccup when loading the in game UI or tutorial screens. :)

as for movement, try the "squad multimove" option at the bottom left corner. It's a different and less complicated way of moving your units around, an is very flexible for micromanaging your army.

10. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    We had to work *very* hard at that. There's a lot of compression goin on, so I'm gladthat we were able to hide all the loading times properly!

It might actually be smaller in the 1.0.1 patch, because in the weeks it took apple to approve it, we were hard at work on our image compression library. :)

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I would to know that the price won't go down at all in the near future befroe I buy this ;)

12. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Not a huge RTS fan but this does look different...should I buy?? O btw John do u plan on adding full on wifi multiplayer??

13. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I have no current plans to change the price at all until the firs major update (episode 2). :p and it might go up, might stay the same, who knows... Depends on a lot of things. :)

that won't be until march, unless we work our butts off more than we already are!

Red Conquest has local wifi and Bluetooth multiplayer. If there's enough demand, we'll put in Internet multiplayer too. :)

14. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Online will be awesome! BTW any plans on adding Plus+ or open feint?

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

plus+ and internet vs. mode would be epic for this game

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Baahh I don'nt care I just bought it :)

17. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Well I got it and....I love it!!!! Only on ep 1 rite now pretty difficult and please please add online multiplayer be4 the update in march I can't wait that long!!

18. drone9

drone9 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    How challenging is the ai?

19. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Agreed

20. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009