iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I was going to say!

There are two in-game tracks for Red, the second one comes in I think in level 4 when the action gets serious. Harder challenge mode levels also have the second track.

There's a "blue" themed track that comes on after you beat the last campaign level. :) There will also be more tracks coming out with planned future updates (content expansion)

There are natural resource points you can mine by moving harvesters (or your base) near them.

Enemies blow up and scatter temporary resource points, too!

Good question! That's one thing we were thinking of doing in the future - there will be three (count 'em, 3) more episodes coming out as updates, so they're free to anyone who already bought the game. We were toying around with the idea of increasing by $1 each time or maybe only for episode 3, or something. Who knows... the game might stay at $4, and it might increase when we release our MAJOR content updates. :p

definitely! It pays to build quickly.

If you're a slower builder, make sure you have excellent micromanagement skills - if you can create a good defensive line for that initial rush, you can get away with being a slower builder. :)

Anyway, I'm going to bed, so don't expect too many more answers before tomorrow! :p

2. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    well is it good, guys?

3. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Blue Attack was such a phenomenal game that this was an instant buy for me. Both Attack and Defense were quality games, but Attack is one of my favorite iPhone games still. I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but based on the previous games in the series I expect great things. Congrats to the developer on the release.

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    You guys wouldn't believe how many times I died cause I'm a slow builder :p The enemy's general strategy is to harrass you with some big armada in the beginning and then retreat then just attack you with a small squad until you either are mad enough to send all of you're units to attack the base and the AI with have a very very big armada waiting for u. So yea.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'll get this as long as I'm sure that the price won't drop in the near future

6. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Time to buy the game. I can't wait to try it :eek::D

7. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    HavenĀ“t played Blue Attack or Blue Defense yet, but now that the price has been lowered, it was instant buy.

And since I was in the mood, bought Red Conquest also.

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #48 5duc29, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    Interesting game. I will have to get used to the controls. Everything seems to be very solid and thorough. It would be nice to play landscape mode rather than portrait.. I like it :D

EDIT: Actually, you can play in landscape mode... ;) No difference really. I am having a blast.

Not sure but is there a skirmish mode? I don't think I see it in there.. Are the challenge maps skirmish?

Oh, and how many levels are there in campaign? The introduction and first level were fairly short, but that's how it is in RTS's, especially at the beginning.

9. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    *sigh* It may be time to upgrade to 3.0 for me because this looks awesome.

10. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    This game is simply, amazing. Full impressions tomorrow :).

11. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #51 brerlappin, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    Looks great...can't wait to get into it more tomorrow.

12. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Terrific game! I also grabbed Defense and Attack in support of the developer. High quality stuff and very enjoyable!

13. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I am loving the game so far John! I will probably post more detailed impressions later. :D

14. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Had a quick go at it, excellent art and no slowdowns, really impressive from a technical stand point.

Question about the movement - can I only move them using a waypoint marker? I click on the unit, select right option (waypoints) and navigate it in the direction I want. Am I doing this right?

15. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    From the looks of the video, there is a sort of "Drag 'n' Drop" mechanic happening.

16. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Just in time! I was looking for something to keep me busy on my next trip :D

Seems like this will be it!

17. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Got it, you select the move option and as long as it stays active you can drag any ship on the screen. To exit the option simply tap the lower-right corner.

Really loving the UI on this one, I will see later if it manages complex situations, but so fat every option seems really thought-of.

18. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I wake up, first thing I do is check for Red Conquest and YEAH ITS OUT :D Downloading now!!!!! Cant tell u how amazed I am!!!!

19. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    bought
    wow just 9.2 mb

20. majormauser

majormauser Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Downloading now..... been waiting for this forever!