iPad Recommendations to Developers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AppStoreGamer, Jan 4, 2009.

1. AppStoreGamer

AppStoreGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hey guys! Myself, along with many others know that a lot of time goes into making a game. And if you're going to spend that much time, you at least wanna have a good idea to base your game off of....so if you guys have any recommendations for games/gameplay, post it here!

(remember this is a PHONE so don't go asking for Crysis Mobile)

(if its a 2D game or 3D game, put that in the title)

2. LinXitoW

LinXitoW Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Battleships Forever 2d
    Einhander 2e
    Stars! 2d
    Rome:Total War(ofc not in 3D, but with the tactics and the big world map. Might aswell do a Star Wars:Empires at War one)

3. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Multiplayer worms clone. :D

4. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    done, except with modern weapons: iShoot

5. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    iLawn and iVacuum. I'd like to come back in an hour and both be done for me. ;)

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I would LOVE to see an app that is that passtime game where there is a text written with numbers and you get one of the words in the text so you can decifer the rest! Anybody know what those are called? I would play that 24/7

7. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Rise of nations
    Nba Live

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

:D. I'd call it iMow, but either way. :D. How about iLaundry and iClean while you're at it.

9. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I'm not sure of a specific name, but it sounds like a cryptography puzzle. Each letter is given a number, symbol, or other letter right?

Count me in. :D

10. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    A sidescroller would be cool. Tilt controls to move, A to jump, B to fire gun. pretty simple

11. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I've been wanting a game like "inside trader," but uses real stock ticker data. With some mini games that determine the amouunt of money or stock certificates you start out with. It could help keep track of stocks you'd like to purchase, and allows for 5 min or more of gameplay everyday. Include graphs, highs and lows, maybe even a nice news feed that could direct you to stocks to buy.

12. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #12 TheGhostRider, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
    I would like to have on the iPhone at least these two.

13. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    We are working on a war game. Can't say much more until I have some firm 'ship' dates. Mutiplayer on the device (share) and if it does well we'll go to mutiplayer for real.

14. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Please make Bowman! It would be awesome on iPhone.

15. iQ8

iQ8 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I want tycoon games !
    zoo tycoon would be SOB !

16. palenoue

palenoue Member

Aug 18, 2008
    A 2D game like "Munchkins" (http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/) It doesn't have to be an exact copy, but something along these lines. You don't need cards, you could have the items and situations as icons that, when selected, give you their info on the bottom of the screen. I can think of a few different ways to do a game like this, but the important focus is a silly game of "explore a place, kill the monsters, grab the loot, steal from your friends" that people can play solo, locally over wi-fi, or on-line with friends around the world. If you set it up right you could come out with dozens of expansions and variations like they do for Munchkins.

-------------------------

A 2D sim game where the resource gathering and building take time so you can't spend a lot of effort playing it all at once. For instance, you run the game and tell it to build a lumberyard, which will take four hours and three people to run. You check in with the game four hours later and the lumberyard is done, but there's only two extra people to assign to it (population growth takes time also) so it's running at 60% production. Now you can choose to upgrade the lumberyard (three hours) or expand your timber production (X number of timber per hour but requires X amount of forest and lumberjacks). It would be like Civilization, but without the hours upon hours of "just one more turn" marathon gaming sessions.

Also you could play against friends in a very casual, non-urgent way. You log on during breakfast, check the status of your country/castle/city/moon base/world, see what your opponents are doing, issue a few orders, then quit the game and get ready for work/school. During a short break you log back on, see what's happened, respond to your friends actions, issue orders, log off. Repeat throughout the day. If you don't log on for two days, the game continues as normal, your people keep doing what you last ordered them to do or come up with new things to do (after finishing the lumberyard, and with no orders, the people allocated to building are then switched to research, art, military, etc., based on how you set up the city preferences)

I have seen web browser games like this so I know it can be done, and while most of them are well made they do have some annoying flaws (like one is great at the resource management but totally sucks at fighting and combat, or another is good at managing people but quickly becomes unbalanced with the resources, etc.) so if you make one keep in mind that you will probably have to tweak it based on player feedback. My friends and I would much rather play a game that has occasional updates than a game with a disappointing flaw that won't go away.

17. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    The Sim game is an excellent idea.

18. AppStoreGamer

AppStoreGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    anything other than ports? Developers have to get rights to games that are "ported over" or based off of a previously-done game....so any original ideas? The few that are here so far are great!

19. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    What about something like Block Dude that was on TI graphing calculators? I used to love that. is there something already like that on the app store? and if not, I could almost guarantee that would be a big hit

20. mek

mek Well-Known Member

it would be a port, but Gauntlet, with the ability to save