Recommend Roguelike Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I want to know the essential roguelike games to have for iPhone

2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    My top roguelike games (not in any order) that give me life are:

Pathos - Easily for me the best version of mobile Nethack (now with the Slash’em content). The developers of Pathos did the impossible and made Nethack, a game that could be considered being unfriendly to new users even on PC, a very smart touchscreen experience. The downside is that Nethack does show it’s age with its dungeon exploration. I prefer Moria and Angband that came after and its variants Z, NPP and T.O.M.E. but those haven’t made the journey to mobile...yet. Still Nethack is a classic and well worth having on your phone.

WazHack - Probably my favorite classic hardcore dungeon crawl on the small screen. Best way to describe WazHack is “2D Nethack” but with its own personality and superior atmosphere. The game can be very unforgiving but it’s worth sticking with it since, like Nethack, you will find yourself in amusing difficult situations that you may have not encountered before even after many dungeon runs.

Space Grunts - My favorite Sci Fi roguelike that brings that Aliens experience along with destructible environments. OrangePixel games are usually great and this is my favorite from the developer. Well worth picking up if you haven’t already!

Cardinal Quest II - One of the top modern day dungeon crawls on iOS for me. In my humblest of opinions very few games come close to CQ II in terms of gameplay and mobile presentation. Even though this game is talked about fondly by most who have played it I still think it deserves more attention.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Downloaded cardinal quest 2 so far and it is indeed one of the better rogue games I’ve played lately .
    I think I’ve playes it before but it’s still amazing

Also look your loot is one of He better care rogue games .

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Death Road to Canada, Wayward Souls, Binding of Isaac, Sproggiwood, Tallowmere, FTL (ipad-only), Rogue Wizards.

Hope Caves of Qud and Streets of Rogue come eventually to iOS.