Recommend a tower defence game for my GF

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jaeff, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jaeff

Jaeff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Selfemployed gamedeveloper
    Denmark
    Hi,

I recently recommended Kingdom Rush to my girlfriend and that took her off my back for a few days. ;-) But now she is done with Kingdom Rush and is looking for a new game. Problem is that I don't play much tower defence myself, so I don't know what game I should recommend so I am hoping for some help here.
    She has an iphone 4s so the game has to run on that.

Thank you in advance.

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Plantsvs zombies. I'm a female gamer and I enjoyed it.
    I love the zen garden component too, lots of replay ability , colorful graphics, mini games etc

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Tannorexic is right, Plants versus Zombies is the right one and its amazing, if she doesnt like it try Jelly Defenders, not as good but cute

4. Jaeff

Jaeff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Selfemployed gamedeveloper
    Denmark
    I think she has already played Plants vs. Zombies. It is an awesome game! I enjoyed that very much myself. I will be sure to recommend it to her along with Jelly defense. In relations to Jelly defense the game doesn't have to be cute, I think to much cuteness might turn her away from the game.

5. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I'm trying to think of a tower defense game with a similar art style: Swords & Soldiers (that's more of a line defense game) and perhaps Elf Defense Eng (from the upcoming Lich Defense guys, so if she likes that your gf will have something else to play after she finishes it).

6. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Fieldrunners 1 and 2

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Fieldrunners 2 is a good choice if she's already played plants versus zombies, though some people have found it to be too difficult for them.(not me)

I'd also recommend The Creeps!

I personally love Defender Chronicles 2(and 1), but the game might not be for everyone.

8. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    My personal favorite is definitely The Creeps. Another good one is Tiny Heroes.

9. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Get her Dungeon Defenders.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm gonna recommend a game here, its important you realize that it is a special recommendation and this game is so good that it's a must play. I'm only saying it once, and only right now...

Army of darkness defense. Learn it, love it. Then come back here and thank me after u play for an hour.

11. Jelly defense, Plants vs Zombies, Gemkeeper, Kingdom Rush, Sentinel 3, Ibomber defense, are all great games.

Give gemkeeper a try, it is quite fun.

12. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I agree, GemKeeper is quite fun... also maybe take a look at Starbunker: Guardians2, Total Defense 3D, geoDefense or geoDefense Swarm, or of course the ever attractive looking Anomaly Warzone Earth....

13. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    and then cry an hour later because the last few levels are grueling hard

14. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    +1 to geodefense and geo defense swarm.pew pew land, pew pew land 2, tower madness

15. wendezeit

wendezeit Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Be warned, this game is highly addictive.

16. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Try tower madness zero.. Save those sheeps!!!

17. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    get her a gym membership

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Kingdom rush takes the cake. The guy saying army of darkness is too hard just needs to try and try again, it's tough but since when is a challenge bad?

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Agree with a lot of the recommendations. Kingdom Rush is still far and away my favorite. And I have plenty of others, but most are not that casual. For a fun, less difficult TD, I'd recommend Pew Pew Land II. It's level/star based and less intense as far as difficulty compared to others.

20. Shinsaku

Shinsaku Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Kingdom Rush FTW!!! So many options to upgrade your towers and troops is INSANE! Also, the little one-liners they say are pretty funny too.