Universal Reckless Racing 2 - (by Polarbit) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I know, it's become such a rare thing! :(

2. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    That sounds good, I love collecting achievements :D

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    yeah.. it sucks.... i bought my ipod in july i think....

now sometimes the constant ipod 4 problems make me believe i wasted my money...

and i have to wait around 4 months to get an iphone 4S =/

4. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Defiantly waiting till the price drops after the release date. Wow 5 dollars.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If you liked the first game, then you're probably going to love this. I only played the demo of the first, but the driving / drifting feels the same, but better.

Oh man, I love the game so much.

The difficulty is pretty good - it changes in accordance with how many races you win or lose - and I found this to work great. Though it did start a bit easy, so don't worry if videos don't show a high enough difficulty - within three races the game had adjusted noticeably and within 6 it was no longer easy, but spot on for me.

And the upgrades! Oh man, the upgrades - they all have a definite effect, though they are a bit cheap. But there is so much content, so many cars to unlock, upgrades, cosmetic upgrades, etc. this game is just fantastic. Worth every penny.

6. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Really? You cant support a good game and the developers behind it for less than a meal at most fast food restaurants ?

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's worth that IMO. If this game was on any other console you'd probably be paying more like 15 - 20$ for it.

(I'm not forcing you to buy it or anything, but come on, complaining about 5$ for a great game that has quite abit of content? Really?)

8. Arq24

Arq24 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    its good to see those kind of comments.thanks man because 5 dollars what they charge to me is VERY CHEAP.chemical sandwich in mcs..t cost more.and if someone thinks diffrent well-no comment

9. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I think 5 dollars is under 3 quid, that's about the price of a sandwich.......but yeh, your right; far too much for a brand new game :/

10. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Yeah!

Wow! This looks great! Way better than the first. The first was great and all but was way to lite on content. This looks like many many hours of fun.

11. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    but is it, really? All games i have run fine on last years ipod touch 4 (that i have) and if i have any problems there aren't unique to me or my device, they're universal.

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #52 GPS, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    Downloading now, 6 minutes to go.... I think this will be one of the best racers released this year IMO.

Hell Yes!, just played two races, and this is easily one of the best racers out. Very slick production, The visuals are amazing, the audio is spot on, there is a heap of content, and it feels just right...the handling is tighter than reckless 1. A fantastic game, if you're into any kind of racing this is a must buy!

13. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#53 Habakuk, Feb 1, 2012
    Will probably buy it sooner or later because racers belong to my favorite genres. BUT: There are sooo many "best" top down view racers in the meantime out for iOS… :rolleyes: (It all started with SlotZ Racer afair.)

And still no successor versions of Asphalt 6 and Real Racing 2!!! :( Those "3D first/third person view" racers are the best in my honest opinion. Why no news of those?! BTW RR2 is the abbreviation for Real Racing 2 normally. Please don't mix them up.

Are there "In-App Purchases" inside Reckless Racing 2? Does it have local multiplayer (which we—some friends all equipped with iPads—love MUCH more than online multiplayer—THAT'S a TRUE social gaming feeling believe me) via Bluetooth? Thanks in advance for enlightenment.

Reckless Racing 1 didn't have any IAPs as far as I remember; "seller" was the well-known Electronic Arts Inc. Reckless Racing (TM) © 2010 Pixelbite AB., now it's Polarbit AB © Pixelbite AB 2012. Without EA.

The price of Reckless Racing 1/HD changed frequently and in a high range. And there was/is a Lite version.

I don't want to spoil the fun but all of this is pretty standard in ALL high quality racers since three or four years or so. Something new would be kind of a "smart automatic car upgrade" system because I personally prefer to drive, drift & race all the time and would like to delegate the other things to engineers, managers, designers etc. (in short: all the rpg-like stuff) or to—a computer.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Can't play this, but all the hype got me to download the first Reckless Racing again. Have to say the sequel looks sweet.

So Polarbit is publishing now and not EA? Hopefully, that means they'll stick to their guns with pricing. Know a lot of people weren't happy when the first one dropped to $.99 literally after like 2 weeks.

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Can we get an answer on this maybe Polarbit? I really dont want to plunk down $5 then 99c sale next week or anything.....

16. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Please tell me I can still hang the arse out on the car, the rather loose handling was the best thing about RR1.

17. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I think it's Polarbit and Pixelbite (minus EA) co-developing/publishing RR2. There was no EA around when Reckless Getaway came out and there doesn't seem to be any EA now.

They're both developers, but Polarbit has a publishing division as well.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game backup to any servers like games like Gun Bros, Tiny Tower and DragonVale?

ie if I get a new iPhone will I be able to restore my progress or have to start again.

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #59 Cilo, Feb 1, 2012
    People are still griping about how sales on the appstore work? :confused:

If you're that worried, wait a week or two and see if it changes, I mean valentines day/ presidents day are both coming up in Feb., which means perfect opportunities for appstore sales. Devs make more money dropping prices on days where tons of customers are sitting at home on their couch browsing the appstore in their underwear than they do on an average wednesday evening.

Looks ridiculous btw, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this tonight as I loved the first one.

As long as you do a complete backup in iTunes on your old iPhone before you restore your new one you'll get all your saves, settings, ect. installed on your new iPhone. When you go to setup in iTunes, choose restore from backup and choose which one you want iTunes to install on the new iPhone.

20. Arq24

Arq24 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    thats all ios so called"gamers"care 99c-59p.so how those dev will make money for living not mention making better games?how...