iPad Recieving a phonecall while playing a game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheBrianPerryProject, May 6, 2009.

1. I have some funny luck I swear. I made it to Level 8-2 in Assassins Creed and I was doing good going through the obstacles and right when it seemed I was about to finish I get a phone call so now I have to do it all over again haha.

Damn......:mad:

2. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Get an ipod Touch for gaming :p

3. Pheebau

Pheebau Well-Known Member

or go Airplane mode ;-)

4. junkotron

junkotron Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    yeah - get an ipod touch. it changes your iGaming life forever

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    +1 to that!!! :D

6. Haha, I hear that. It doesn't happen that often since I play mostly at night or when my son is taking a nap but the few times it does happen is when I am deep into a game :p

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    HAHAHHA! (no offence)

Wow that sucks, you have good and bad luck. Unlike me just well...bad

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    there are checkpoints all the time :)

9. There are checkpoints but you go back to those when you die during gameplay. If the game gets interupted by a phone call I always have to restart the mission haha. My luck :p

10. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    strange. when my phone rang i always could continue game from last checkpoint.

11. airhead3

airhead3 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    decline the call

If you get a phone call, it pops up with a dialog saying who is calling and an option to accept or decline. If you decline the call, the dialogue goes away and you're right back in the game where you left off.

12. That last phone call that made me make this post was my Boss haha. I can't ignore that or he'll ignore me on payday :p

13. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Wow you have really bad luck. Of course I have had people call me like that too so I can't really say anything.

14. I had to laugh at myself since out of all people my Boss calls me haha. But it's all good, I have to remember at times that the iPhone is indeed a phone afterall :p

15. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member

Any good game should autosave when you take a phone call. Rogue Touch takes it up a notch, you can actually fire it back up and play *while talking on the phone*... I know a number of players that do this, and I actually modified RT in version 1.5 to shift the user stats down during a phone call so that they are not obscured by the green "phone call bar" :D

You should be able to do this trick with almost any game that's not too CPU or RAM intensive... but probably not with a beast like Assassin's Creed ;)

16. Addison

Addison Active Member

May 5, 2009
    helpful

by now i know how to save time:D