Universal Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville (by Sarah Northway)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 3, 2015.

1. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    I just found two ending to this game. I'm already at the last city I believe. Vancouver.

Suddenly i have to make some hard choice and then it end..

Anyway going to repeat the last city just to check if its really the end or I just made a poor choice of answer last time.

This game sucks my office hours and sleep.. :)

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There isn't really a benefit to this though is there? My builder was 20 and upon starting the next town it dropped him to a 10 sometimes happens with my 18 soldier too that when I start a new town his skills drop

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    You need to give them the equipments and be sure to choose your top 3 to bring over when at city Hall.

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    On the first town, I just kept expanding and building until I got bored with how easy it was. That's probably a pretty good indicator of when to move on. You're right, though, about grinding for levels beyond a certain point.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=270066][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270064][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270035][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270098][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270034][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270042][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270033][​IMG][/thread]

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 3rd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

6. jetveetlev

Oct 17, 2013
    Found the third ending..
    And there is another one.. apparently ..
    and i just read in steam forum, there is another ending but it sounds ridiculous that the best ending is hard to achieved and it need special trigger of events or deliberate knowing of what to do or to choose to show up the event..

7. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Is there a way to enable portrait mode on 6+?

8. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    OK, just finished town three and it is starting to get a little repetitive: scout/scavange/reclaim to gain as much land as possible, secure it and then start building respect from factions to finish the city. Meanwhile you do a little research, little crafting an trading and that just about sums it up. I hope there is some variation in further cities.

9. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #129 Ubisububi, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    That pretty much sums up all 4X games, actually.

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I hate to say it but I never really dug into the first one and skipped the second entirely. However her 2 classics for me are Incredipede and Deep Under the Sky. Those 2 games are what dreams are made of! So on that note I'm buying this now too. It will likely be the Game of the Week. ;)

11. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Umm...ow come whe I meet with rival factions, they say they won't send anymore thugs to raid and attack my fort....literally 2 seconds after that, two or three groups appear on the map and attack...they don't ever stop coming no matter if I meet with the faction leader of not.....so basically I have to kill off every faction? What

12. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I THINK... Depending on the decisions you made setting up your government, some factions will be incompatible, and will always be hostile. Can anybody verify/refute this? I'm not completely sure about it.

13. jetveetlev

Oct 17, 2013
    In some map they will always come back at you, so aside from attacking them you need to talk with them and do some mission for them, after 50-60% respect usually they will attack you.

14. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    On the fence whether or not to buy this.. Went on 4x binge and none of those titles stuck around on my device.. Civ Rev, starbase Orion, eclipse, autumn dynasty, spaceward Ho!.. This just looks cool though

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The narrative elements and character focus might be just what you need to keep this around a bit longer. Rebuild 3 is a very nice change of pace from the grandiosely epic and in-depth strategic of normative 4X, to the more personal, immersive and direct* (though there certainly is depth of strategy in Rebuild as well).

* More than in most 4X titles, choices in Rebuild 3 have immediate and short-ranging effects, and you have the freedom of tactics to consider your options in the short term, and still make qualified decisions.

(I've some more words on the subject of Rebuild's different focus here.)

16. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    #136 sushibox, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Save game corruption / missing

So I loaded from an autosave and it bugged/crashed the game (the game simply crashed on data load), which was strange. When I reloaded the game, all of the autosave data files were gone save the first one, and my game save. When I loaded my game save it restarted me at day 1 (only the initial survivors) which was very unsettling. Surely the data was here somewhere, so I loaded from the autosave and much to my dismay the autosave was also on day 1. My device isn't jailbroken as of writing this, and the game seemed to be going swell before this. The truly unfortunate part is that all of my work is now reset to day 1. Not that I was entirely too far into the game, it being reset now is fine enough, but I'm skeptical that it might happen again, and I'd hate to sink too much time on this under the fear that all my my data could vanish.

Update: so I managed to get a bug dialogue on game load. Looks like I can post on their forums with the log of the error report. It appears the bug is a save player error. Some of the talk on the forums seem to point towards there being no HD space left for save games, however I should have more than enough space. Perhaps I'll just uninstall and reinstall it.

17. justinreach

justinreach New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    video interview with Rebuild developer Sarah Northway

Hello Toucharcadians -

I just published a video interview with Sarah Northway, the developer of Rebuild 3 here on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=6fOGwh-7xgE

and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/justinslinks/videos/vl.431365643688326/456493587892141/

Northway talks about designing the third game with a more open development process, and the difference between the way she plays the games from some of her fans. Also we discuss her fondness for post-apocalyptic settings, and her frequent travels. Finally we touch on a possible design for a game about wealth inequality. I hope you enjoy!

This is an episode of the Justin Hall Show, which has archives hosted here http://justinhallshow.com and is supported by people on Patreon here http://patreon.com/justin. Thanks for your attention! I read TouchArcade to keep up with the waves of new games, and I read the TouchArcade forums when I want to dive deep into a title.

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Awww yeah it's on sale!
    Snatch up this gem quickly my friends.

Possibly the best 4x game on mobile.

19. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is it too cramped on iphone 6?

20. yeah yeah