Universal Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville (by Sarah Northway)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 3, 2015.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    There ARE buildings to construct, and training individual characters in certain skills and equipment is like leveling armies. Just sayin.

2. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    You can disable or enable both overlays at the bottom of the screen, it's the button next to the cogwheel (settings).

Choppinh wood gives you 1 material each time the mision is completed, you can see how far the survivor progressed in his mission by clicking on him or by looking at the circle around his face. If the circle is completely green the survivor has completed the mission.

3. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #63 Ubisububi, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Yes, there are indeed several buildings to construct. You got me there. However, The feel is quite different in that almost all of your core infrastructure must be reclaimed rather than built (farm, warehouse, power station, etc). also, I said that you couldn't build units. I never claimed that you couldn't level them.

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England

So tiny textures needs to be off.
    But light, you say gives medium quality... You mean with it on or off?

Am I right in saying tiny textures off and light graphics and animation should be on.... And these setting will give the best/highest graphics?

I don't see anything in game that has lighting effects on

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What skill makes chopping wood faster?

6. gamer300

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I have no clue. Maybe none of them, maybe scavengerd do it faster? Haven't tested this yet. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

7. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    If I stop a task like constructing to help someone else fight zombies, do I start from the beginning with the task (probably so)?

8. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Definitely not an easy game - started a new campaign on Normal and couldn't really get myself started due to constant zombie attacks.

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I think so, but you can swap people around with no penalty e.g. if person A is fighting zombies, and person B who is constructing, and person C is free, you can drop person C onto the construction mission, then move person B to the zombie mission. Moving people around like this doesn't appear to slow down any missions.

10. BoneAppart

BoneAppart Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Is it me or there is no iCloud support? that drives me nuts many devs still don't include it in there apps! why?

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #71 ste86uk, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Just downloaded and I'm still unsure, light graphics and animations on is a good thing? With the rest off?

Also what does everyone do turn based or real time? I seen people say turn based is good but usually things are completed in fractions of days and say that real time lets you get more done because you can pause the game to give orders anyway.

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Read the Rebuild forum, guys.
    The app automatically sets the appropriate settings based on your iDevice, afaik. Also, some settings are set because of a crash issue. This bug will get ironed out soon.

13. Lokai

Lokai Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I'm really liking this so far, but I have run into one issue. All of a sudden my game is paused, even in real-time mode and it is not manually paused. I've mssed around with the pause/go button a bunch of times to just see if I'm dumb, but nothing is moving or progressing. Turn based still works, but everything else is stopped and there is a red border around my screen with a Pause button on the top left and bottom right. I really have no idea how it paused, how to unpause, and why it is paused? Has anyone else seen this? I cannot find anything related to this and I would like to be able to continue to play the game in real-time.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Mainly wondering about the game time and now which trait you pick for your main guy? I seen online somewhere it suggested hobo

15. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Sorry if it was confusing. I pasted her email directly into the post, so I'm also interpreting it as best I can. My take on it is that "light graphics" enabled will give you medium quality visuals. Tiny textures will give you the worst visuals, but will make the game run on an iPad 2, which I can verify as being true.

She also mentioned that these settings crept in slowly as the game was being ported, and that she is aware that they need some cleaning-up. If you are unable to make changes, say, on a 6 Plus, it's because she locked them down until she can fix a crash bug (she didn't want to hold up the release any longer).

To clarify, I do NOT speak on her behalf; I am merely sharing what I was told when I asked these questions during the beta. I have had no further contact with her on this or any other issues, so you now know everything that I know.

16. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I also read that on the Wiki. I don't know if it's the best, but it's a strong position from which to start, in my experience.certainly better than letting the game pick for you.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It does seem good I just wonder if it really matters in the long run but I guess I'll find out eventually although it'll be too late then! I wish I already knew everything for what every decision means as I don't want to be soft but then I don't want everyone being miserable!

Anyway really enjoying the game and can't wait to play it loads more over the weekend.

18. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Sarah is amazingly talented! I read that she does the coding as well as the graphics. The graphics alone in this game are incredibly professional, done in a specific theme that stays true with each picture. It's hard enough to do good code, but to also do all art work is incredible. Oh, and the game is outstanding too. :)

19. gamer300

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Realtime was a little bit weird for me at first because the other 2 were turn based, but now that i'm used to it i prefer realtime.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I've been using it too I haven't even tried turn based yet. So on story when I move city do I generally keep the same people that have been taken with me last time I moved? Lost out on some of my good stuff because my favourite people don't come.