Universal Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville (by Sarah Northway)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Not everything is FTL; in fact very few games are like FTL so that's not a very good comparison unless your exposure to 4X games is very limited. I'd say this has more in common with Civilization and Ceasar/Pharoah than FTL.

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This game is a but more complicated than the first one. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do

3. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I love this game to death. Just played through the first city in the story mode and before i knew it an hour has passed. I've played rebuild 1 and 2 so i kinda knew what i was in for. It's an amazing game though and definetly an improvement on the last one.

4. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Excellent. I'll pick up this one too.

5. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Have this on my laptop, got it again for the iPad. Such a great game.

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #26 Ayjona, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    I've participated in both alpha and beta for desktop as well as mobile (put a bullet between the eyes of the survivor named after me, will ya?), and Rebuild 3 is one of the best mobile strategy games I've played.

The unique mesh of traditional and strong 4X elements, the more personal and intimate (survivors have their own stories, identities and fates, and other factions are just as individual and personally driven), and a strong but never limiting narrative drive (sometimes almost gamebook-like), results in a 4X experience that doesn't resemble anything else I've played.

And when I say that I don't care for the zombie theme, I mean that as in that I don't care to see it ever used as a narrative device or plot element in any work of fiction or entertainment again, ever (other than as an infinite source of clean, global energy). And yet I play Rebuild 3 ;)

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'll likely pick this up either way but I have to ask because I don't remember, are the games pretty long or can be played endlessly or is it play for so long and win then start again? Don't think I actually played rebuild since the first game.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You've both options. You have a narrative campaign where you progress through different cities along the US seaboard, and a quick play option where you play in one city (configured to your liking), with the option to both reach victory in that single city, or continue endlessly.

9. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Is this game mission based or more of a endless type game?

Edit: Answer clear:) Haven't seen the last post!:)

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Holy crap, this game just got the knightly accolade!

11. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Loved the first one. Instabuy! Just a few minutes in and definitely liking it.

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have already spent just over 20$ today on new games but you just conivnced me to spend a little more :)
    I am sick of zombie games, movies and tv shows so that's what was holding me back so thanks and good to know it won't matter about that.

13. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Hell to ya! Rebuild 2 is a classic, one of my all time favorite ios games. This sequel is a dream come true. Can't wait to dig into this, when I get time between Metal Gear 5 that is.

14. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this played in portrait or landscape?

15. Smedley

Smedley Member

Aug 23, 2008
    You play this in landscape.

16. Eddie2112

Eddie2112 New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Didn't know this would be coming out today. Now I just have to wait until I get paid Tuesday and buy a bunch of games that came out this week. This one is definitely the one I'm looking forward to most. 5 days!

17. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #37 Bloodangel, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Do I leave light graphics and light animations turned on?
    Do I leave tiny textures turned off?

What are these options anyway? Does it mean light as in lighting... Or light as in lower graphics settings?

I have ip6

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Hello, it's your personal game guide again!
    These options are meant for older devices. Ignore them, you are just fine with your iP6.

19. Lokai

Lokai Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Does anyone know if this version is majorly different from the previously released version on PC? I've had that one on my wishlist on Steam for a while and this seems like it would be great on iOS, but I'd rather wait and eventually get the PC one if it has more features.

20. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Does it need Internet connection to play? I'll be abroad for a few days and won't have Internet connection all the time