iPad Rebel Onslaught

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by trev81uk, Jan 6, 2009.

1. #1 trev81uk, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
  2. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    I'm tempted, but I'll wait for a review first.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Playing it now

4. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Dang you beat me to it I was about to make a thread about this lol anybody going to get it and review it for the rest of us?

5. Billhouse

Billhouse Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I was about to pull the trigger on this one, but I figure it can wait until morning.

If I buy it and it stinks, I'll wish I waited for a review.
    If I buy it and it plays like I hope it will, I wont get sh*t for sleep tonight. :D

6. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    A very logical way of looking at things.

7. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    This is a great app for the intro price.

It looks good with great environments (semi interactive) and it runs quite smoothly....even with the multiple obsticles and targets (air and ground).

Controls are a great blend of both tilt and digi analog button simultaneously.
    Were talking fastlane butter here!!

Main weapon is auto fire (which iprefer manual, but the abusace of targets and obsticles took filled that void) also rockets and bombs.

Sound isn't groundbreaking but it fits the game well.

Thought it a great buy for the price because I've bought way worse for more. This was a justifiable and worthy buy.

8. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    *abundance of targets and obsticles filled that void

9. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    Does this game have a story? Are there missions or is this another one of those were you chase highscores? Have enough braindead score shooters on my iphone.

10. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    The game is mission based via readable briefing before each mission, stats after each completed and points acuitable during mission, however I haven't yet seen accomplishments of a use for the points by way if upgrades

This game could use a couple of mor modes or improve on the one story/mission mode they have available

11. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    sorry for all the typos....I have a love/hate relationship with auto-correct

12. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    :p How many of these flying shooters do we need!?!?

13. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    Will not buy any space shooter without a story for more than 99 cents. I usually play these for 2-3 hours and then I get bored. Graphics and a new way of controlling can only hold my attention for so long.

Wing Commander, Elite, X-Wing those had storylines and motivated you to push on...well well.

14. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    good point.....cause seeings how this is a nice running and good looking (aiming) shooter your still really onlt playing to beat your top score so after all the missions are said and done i'm not sure if i'll come back to it or not...but for the forseeable futer this game won't last to long. perhaps an update with differant modes or somthing.

I still haven't even played the second campaine (spelled wrong) in brothers in arms cause i play by the one life system. which has kept it quite fresh, and i've on just now started hero of sparta's hardest difficulty using that same rule.

games are great on this device but replay value is very scarce among the current offerings...maybe i just buy to many apps.

15. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    Is this worth it if it would be my first and only flying shooter?
    or am i better of getting venger or something like that?

16. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    For me this surpases center in many ways. Excitment, speed of play, enemy numbers, interactive eviornmental obsticles.

Venget does have manual weapon firering... but only so does R.O. It's just not the primary laser which is auto.

Both are standard mission based high score

But the thing that R.O. Has over center us that you can see your ship-for many it's a better viewing point.

So I would go with R.O. Eventhough venger is a quality app

17. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    *Venger not center......bloody auto-correct

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Concurr.

I think a lite version would do it justified.

19. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

A lot more, considering that there aren't many to begin with and there's what, just Venger before now that's any good at all? It's $5; you can't expect Wing Commander, which had budgets that got into the millions of dollars...if it's half as good as Starfox then it's worth it.

--Eric