Universal Reaper - Tale of a Pale Swordsman by Hexage

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Sep 21, 2013.

1. red1234567890

red1234567890 New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    hey all

I'm currently at a mission where I need to choose between 3 tribes, who to give the tomb to.
    I'll probably choose the richest tribe (I think it was the pakora tribe) after posting this, but I would like to ask if anyone has chosen a different tribe and what the result was?

happy new year :)

2. cippalippone

cippalippone New Member

Dec 23, 2015
    AWARENESS make you suffer just 1/3 damage from traps, spikes and fires

3. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    #323 Silver99, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Lol I bought this after reading the new release thread on panthera frontier?. Someone recommended the redcon game and thoughIlove the art and idea in that, this one is more of an rpg and I like that.
    Redcon looks incredible though and similar to another I played. Mega Tank, which was a ton of fun.

Hope it still functions on this ios 10
    Will find out when I try it.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Good pick. This is actually on my favorite Hexage game and one of my favorite mobile games. Very deep with lots of work put into it. I wish they made a sequel, I don't think Hexage has made any game as great as this one is.

I'm not sure if it's 64 bit. I know for sure it works on ios10 but I don't know about ios11.

5. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Ill make sure to play before ios 11 comes in then, hope to like it enough to get the iap.
    I actually didnt like swordigo and a few like that but this, as you say, seems to have a ton of rpg like depth and strategy. If Im just swiping to catch things, I may as well be playing a brainless fruit slicing game. Give me something that makes me think and Im in.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh yeah this game is definitely challenging but it feels rewarding. And meaningful upgrades. Aside from that the story is fun as often you get branching choices which determine someone's fate and your rewards. Then there's the gorgeous art...:p

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    reaper is one of the best mobile games, its on steam too for pc. It is such a great game the controls are amazing, i hope some day they release a reaper 2. quick tip when going to shops in the game wait for an encounter or story progression and go to the shop after and the stock changes there is alot of stuff to buy and alot of sets to complete the game is challenging but its not that bad. really good writing too for the game it is quite funny sometimes. worth the full purchase too Hexage is one of the best mobile devs around, their attention to detail and the use of neon colors and how they make them pop is unlike any game i have seen in the app store. check out there old games too i hope they upgrade to 64 bit cause all the games are great even robotek i love that dumb fun game of randomness.

8. hukbalahap

hukbalahap New Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I'm already lvl 32 and the destity set is still not available in the shop? What should i do?

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just wanted to stop in here at TA, and share that I just bought this on Steam a few months ago (I had no idea it was available on the PC as well... though, that's been happening for me quite a bit with games for the iPhone recently....) - and it got me to re-install this on my phone.

It's really surprising that there hasn't been more of an indie dev output when it comes to games like this, and whenever there is, they're nowhere near the quality of Reaper. Hexage also did a fantastic job with the port (or, if it was released on iOS initially, they did a great job when creating the controls for the touchscreen). I'm incredibly happy to have bought the $5 IAP for all the extra stuff (the extra mode, no ads and the purple shop thing) - it has definitely added a TON of replay value to the game - and Hexage making sure to update it to keep in compliance with the 64bit requirement Apple embraced a few years ago has made that purchase even more worth it.

The only thing I wish could be done with it is regarding the leaderboards. It kind of sucks seeing all those fake scores at the top (I think the first real score is around placement 35) of the boards. But other than that, personally/IMO, this is still easily the best of the best 2D Action-RPGs available in the AppStore. The only other game to even come close for me was Icey. So... Hexage, if you're still receiving emails whenever someone posts in this thread - THANK YOU FOR THIS GAME!!!!!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Oh how I wish this game would get iPhone X support. Such a good game.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Agreed. This is actually still on my iPhone. I really wish it'd get updates or even a sequel. It's too good to be forgotten. I guess p2w games are all the rage lately.

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Emailed the developer and they are planning on updating Reaper with iPhone X support after they do some post launch support of their new game.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    That's awesome news! They have a new game? I'm assuming it's not on mobile.

Edit: There is a new game on the app store! I'm going to try it. Though it looks cool I'm not sure I like the part where it says it "plays by itself"..

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    This classic got a iPhone X update!. It's now full screen :D

anthony78 likes this.
  15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Wow. Didn’t it expect it that quickly!

L.Lawliet likes this.
  16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm.... since the update, I can't progress past level 15 in Dark Harvest mode. Just does the 6 level 15 stages over and over and over and over and over again....

Anyone else havin this issue?