Universal Reaper - Tale of a Pale Swordsman by Hexage

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #201 Intendro, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Well... that's odd.

Anyway, I bought the everything version. I decided to see if starting over keeps the sword you get from buying whichever edition gives a sword. Bought, started over. Started out holding the sword. Okay then.

Speaking of which, all games should have more than one save file so you can play through the game again without sacrificing your save file and everything you earned in it... *goes on another rant*

2. nwms8

nwms8 New Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Item Stat

I recently got an item with +4% Vindictive, anyone know what this does?

Lvl 26 so far and haven't gotten an explanation on what this does.

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Yeah stuff like Vindictive or Fortune, I have to guess it. Fortune probably yields more gold, while Vindictive may give you some sort of perk after being hit. I once saw the Vindictive card, but I don't remember what it does.

Unlocked Torken Arena at lv30. So Orisee at 25, Arena at 30 for me. Should be easy money from now :p

4. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    The iCloud sync is amazing. Perfectly on queue. Passes back and force iPhone to iPad flawlessly.

Achievements also.

I've had so many issues with other devs. It's a relief.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Does everyone else have variety of items in their store on wilderness mode? I'm at level 26 and have not had any swords, chest pieces or boots available for purchase yet. Its taking me forever to complete quests now, level 25 took over 8 hours, thank god I had big train journey to London. I just wondered if I had a better sword it may help as I'm using the one from the very beginning.

6. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Is it seriously necessary to have dropped gold bounce with zero gravity? It's impossible to collect at least half of all loot because of this annoying zero gravity bounce. You might as well just decrease all dropped loot by half because that would be less annoying than watching dropped loot bounce off the screen and your running speed is too slow to catch up to it. :rolleyes:

7. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    So you can't use the store? No items show up whatsoever? That's strange :confused: the store should get refreshed after each battle...

To level up quickly check the artifact store often, there should be items which boost xp gain. I equip a +18%XP necklace and a +12%XP ring, up to around lv40 now :)

It's impressive to be able to get to lv25 with the starter sword though!

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There is gravity, bounces get shorter and eventually gold without enough horizontal momentum to get off screen stops moving, at which point it disappears.

9. PepsiSky

PepsiSky New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Amazing gameplay, even though gesture controls are a tad bit slow. Fully upgraded version is definitely worth it, makes the items so powerful and the armor/weapon sets.

10. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I can use the store and I check it after each battle but have only had belts, helmets, rings and necklace things to purchase. I check after each battle and have not had a sword, boots or chest piece available for purchase as of yet in wilderness mode so I'm using the starting pieces of these. In the store on dark harvest mode there is a bigger variety of everything whenever I finish a level.

Spent a few more hours on level 26 tonight and I'm now managing to complete up to 6 per cent before I die, maybe I'll get to level 27 before Christmas lol. My daughter lives watching mummy get her ass kicked lol.

11. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Weird.... I get a ton of swords since level 15 or so. Actually I get annoyed that usually my current sword is better than the store's offerings so I switched weapons much less than I'd have liked.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Are you checking the right store? There are two.

13. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Use the dash attack to chase it.
    Also, one level up choice is speed.

It's still annoying though. Bounciest items I've ever seen. Surely you aren't actually expected to grab most of it...?

14. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    This. You want the store that has the orange symbol, not the purple one.

15. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You can, actually. After the latest update, you are able reach bouncing gold with sword attack, so when you use the whirlwind move to destroy gold chests, your spinning blade will conveniently collect most of the nuggets flying out.

16. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Omg I feel like a right Wally now. I've been using the purple one, never noticed the orange one. I'm blushing from head to toe and how much of a div I am. Haha.

I'm locked in this battle so can't travel anywhere, is there a way to disengage?

Thanks everyone.

17. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Anybody know how many levels the Dark Harvest mode goes to? I am on level 32 right now, and having quite a good time really. I do have a few suggestions, specifically for the Dark Harvest mode.

1. There needs to be a better buy back feature. I had 2 swords, for specific reasons, but I accidentally sold the newest one I had w/ more damage. I was not able to buy back the sword which was very unfortunate.
    2. If there is a way to reaccess the store before starting a stage, I am unawares to it. Something should be done about that if there is in fact no way of accessing the store.
    3. Not critical, but it would be nice to have a possibility of switching gear mid stage.
    4. I do like the skills a lot, when completing a level entirely you get to select a new skill to add to. You are only given 3 to choose from. There should be a little bit more variety of where to put your level up skill in.

Other than that, I find this game to be really great. I have always enjoyed games from Hexage, but this is my personal favorite from them.

18. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks for the tip. :)

19. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    It happens haha. As for quitting a battle I think the quickest way would be to die and then you can travel to the store.

20. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've died a million times and when I do i tap on the store but there is no travel option, only option I can tap is combat. I'm almost up to level 27 just on the few bits of Xp I gain before I die lol, it's taken hours and hours but hopefully the new card will help then I can move forward.

It's not too annoying though, as I enjoy the game.