Universal Realpolitiks Mobile (By Jujubee)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Realpolitiks Mobile for iOS and Android updated - many fixes + New Power DLC added :).

Here's a bit more about the New Power DLC:

2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #42 JasonLL, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020

Just purchased this and the new power expansion based on this first impressions video from three years ago (pc version) and its been really good so far. My only knock against it, at the moment, is that a tiny bit of the info text is missing in the mobile version but it’s easy enough to know what’s going on. Overall from my first couple hours of playing I would strongly recommend this to fans of the Noble Master games and even Civ fans may enjoy this quite a bit. Hopefully Realpolitiks 2 comes to mobile in the future.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  3. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Absolutely agree. This is the closest thing to a Paradox grand strategy game on mobile in both depth and quality. Way more intricate than some of the world conquerer and WWII sandbox games out there that play like Risk or Axis and Allies.

It’s got some weirdness as far as how economies and global markets work. Not nearly as complex as something like Victoria II. And warfare is very simplified compared to something like Hearts of Iron. Maybe closer to vanilla CK2 circa 2011? And it’s just kinda weird sometimes.

But for every moment that’s stupid or head scratching, you’ll have 10 others that are wonderful or hilarious. It really is like 75% of the way to a modern EUIV or something similar. You can play any country in three different global scenarios (real world 2020, post WW3 2050, and a weird 2200 scenario where the Balkanized nations are evenly balanced) and the superpowers all have sub scenarios that involve national aims like Russian reconstruction of the Soviet Republic or the USA brokering peace in the Middle East.

JasonLL likes this.
  4. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    I forgot two caveats. It only runs on devices with 2+ gigs of ram and the text is really freaking small on iPhone. You’ll be using the accessibility zoom unless you’ve got fighter pilot eyesight. Looks great on iPad though.