Universal Realm Defense: Hero Legends TD (by Babeltime Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BabeltimeUS, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Mortlach

Mortlach Member

May 10, 2014
    Legendary 17 and 19, World 1 are also giving me trouble. I'm also having trouble with 10 (World 1) and 18 (World 2).

2. Mortlach

Mortlach Member

May 10, 2014
    How are people doing on Endless mode? My best (no items) is 7:57.594 using Fee (level 9), Obsidian (level 8), and Lancelot (Level 9). I always seem to get overrun right before the eight minute mark.

3. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Pretty much the same for me, slightly less time and levels.

4. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Can anyone offer some general strategies in World 2? Any special combos or towers to focus upgrades on? I've had a tough time barely getting by with one star completes, now stuck on 16 getting totally overrun.

Also curious what you all are doing on Endless to get to near eight minutes. I'm barely able to get to 2 or 3.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    On endless my best is 8:30 but then after the game updated I was never able to pass 7:30 :\

6. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I found that the same strategy I used in World 1 worked well in World 2 - find your chokepoints and use lots of cannons/dragons and soldiers/vikings. I typically only used archers/axe throwers whenever there are flying enemies. I did not use wizards/lightning except in very rare instances (i.e. a few Legendary levels).

7. rittchard

Nov 11, 2011
    Thanks for the tip, got me through a few more levels (barely). Just for reference, are you getting 3 stars on all of them, and/or using any potion things?

I'm now stuck on World 2 level 19, I think it's the multi-triangle map (very cool BTW). Things seem to be going well but suddenly I think Wave 5 I just get totally overwhelmed. It's so hard for me to keep track of all 3 exits so I'm not sure how to deal with it.

On a side note, one thing that kind of bothers me about the game is that the heroes sometimes just don't seem all that "heroic." There are a couple of generic mob types where I had all 3 heroes pounding on them and it took forever for them to go down. Similarly I'd expect Fee (level 8) to be able to one shot a lot of the lesser birds but generally it takes her multiple shots. I realize things have to be balanced and it must be incredibly difficult given different players' skills and playstyles, but this is something I think should be looked at.

8. House of Paincakes

Jan 18, 2014
    Right now I have 3 stars on all levels. I can't recall which ones I had trouble with but I managed to get 3 stars on most of them on the first try. I haven't used any items except the ones they force in tutorials.

Specifically on that triangle level, I think I had some trouble with this one as well because I was trying to cover the three exits and just felt I was stretched too thin. What I realized was that all of the enemies will cross through the smaller center triangle lanes at some point so I used that as my chokepoint instead. Try putting 3 dragons in the center area, 6 vikings in the surrounding spots, and one hero in each of the lanes. You should be able to stop all enemies from leaving this center triangle area with this setup assuming you have dragons and vikings upgraded. You might get some stragglers who get through but hopefully can deal with them with one of your hero abilities.

9. BabeltimeUS

BabeltimeUS Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the long delay in response, but we were taking a Thanksgiving break. As far as all the questions and concerns go over levels and heroes, we have made huge progress on our hero revamp update and are really excited to have it almost completed. Along with this update will be an overhaul of tower balance and level balance to try to make things more fun and make the heroes much more heroic and valuable. We'll give an update when we are getting ready to launch the hero camp revamp. Thanks for playing everyone!

10. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012

Great!!!! I have about 5000 in gems saved. Should I go ahead and buy the heroes I want or is there a new unlock system coming?

11. rittchard

Nov 11, 2011
    Thanks so much for the hints!! I was able to get through this one and the final using your advice. Only 2-star but I'm still happy to have made it through.

Now looking forward to the third world and the new update, still really enjoying this game which is saying a lot because I have a pretty short attention span with most iOS games :D

12. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Version 1.1 (Build 28001)

Released on 12/7/2016
    3 BRAND NEW PASSIVE ABILITIES FOR EVERY HERO
    Endless level now costs energy to play instead of gems
    Endless level has a chance to drop any reward no matter which tier player accomplished.
    Legendary level now costs 5 energy to play instead of 10
    Beating any level now restores 5 energy

We're really excited for this new release and hope everyone enjoys it. There have been some balance changes along with all the new hero passive additions, so provide feedback if you notice anything and we'll work hard to get it fixed. Thanks everyone!

13. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    I am loving the update so far!!! My only question is there a way to find out what the passive skills do?

14. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We are gonna be live patching the game soon. We created a popup that comes up when you press on any passive abilities that gives you a description of what the ability does. Until then you're gonna have to experiment with them and see what they do. If you have any questions about particular ones though just let me know!

15. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    Wow.

The more I play the new update the more I love it. You really have changed the change in a good way. The endless level is finally fun!!! I love the change in the pace of one path at a time, till you keep adding more.

I was able to get to about 7 minutes. I loved the overwhelming on edge feeling of all monsters on screen but I'm barely holding on still.

I have noticed the chest are a lot more often now for gems. I can't believe I will say this but I wonder if you are to generous with the gems. With all the gems I have got; I have not found a reason yet to buy any Iap. I have been able to save to buy 6/8 heroes, and unlock the second map. I don't notice any ads in the game to help generate any revenue. Are you guys doing wel enough to keep supporting this game?

16. House of Paincakes

Jan 18, 2014
    I was actually wondering the same thing. I've unlocked and completed World 2, unlocked all of the heroes, and have been steadily leveling them up via gems that I'm getting every 3 hours. Haven't seen any reason to buy IAP except to support the developer.

17. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We're really happy to see your dedication to the game, and the fact you are able to enjoy the game and make purchases without IAP is great. We are always looking at our player input and seeing how we need to adjust things if they need adjusting, but overall if you dedicate a lot of time to the game and enjoy it that's great and we want you to be able to purchase some of the cooler heroes. Thanks for playing!

18. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    has one figured out how to unlock the last 2 heroes?

I have beat the first world with all 3 stars on normal, and all of world 2 on 1-3 stars. Do I need to finish the legendary levels?

19. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    This is actually a known bug where some of the heroes aren't unlocked. We are going to work on a fix for all of our users who have passed World 1 level 12 where all of the heroes are unlocked for them since that is how it's actually supposed to function. Sorry for the inconvenience.

20. Blurp52

Blurp52 New Member

Dec 16, 2016
    So I'm really enjoying this game but I see some things that could make it better.

Firstly, allow the player the ability to actually view the heroes' abilities and see what they do, same with tower upgrades. There's no way to actually know what they do. I don't know about other people, but I personally enjoy sort of being able to read and understand what the different towers and heroes do. Plus I think it's more exciting to unlock stuff when you understand what they are.

Also, another tower would be great, just like my personal feedback, 4 towers is cool and all but that's not very many. Also, making upgrading towers more expensive but more rewarding. Just my 2 cents.