Universal Realm Defense: Hero Legends TD (by Babeltime Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BabeltimeUS, Nov 1, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #101 L.Lawliet, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    New update is out that hopefully would fix those bugs (I'm past that point so I wouldn't know). The new colored map is quite gorgeous.

To the dev, I noticed that after the update the app icon name changed and it no longer fits under the app icon. Now it has the truncated name with the "..." after it. Do you think you could fix that? It seemed fine before..

Also I think Smoulder's special should be able to hit aerial targets. And I would love to hear sound effects when you use special abilities since currently there are none.

Thanks for the constant updates!

2. blastemup

blastemup Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I installed/uninstalled 3 times-can't get past the title screen. Ipad Air 2,latest ios.

3. BabeltimeUS

BabeltimeUS Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Version 1.0.2 (Build 26000)

Released on 11/13/2016
    -Colored map
    -Increased maximum life from 10 to 20 and rebalanced some levels
    -Unlock all hero slots after level 5
    -Fixed touch sensitivity issue on some Android Devices
    -Fixed a bug that may cause player to stuck at title screen
    -Fixed a bug where ArrowFall ability may cause game to crash
    -Fixed a bug that may cause black screen
    -Fixed a bug that may prevent spell cast

4. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We just released an update that addresses a ton of bugs and should make the game a lot more stable. Check it out in the app store.

5. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Just released the update. Give it a shot and let us know if you experience any further problems. Thanks!

6. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Awesome thanks for all the useful feedback. We'll look into Smoulder and make sure the target filters are correct so he is hitting the right enemies, and make sure his sound effects are hooked up properly. We'll also see what's up with the App Icon and if we can get it to fit properly.

I'll let our artist know you liked the colorful world map! Thanks!

7. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We just released a version with a ton of bug fixes, so make sure you have the latest version in the App Store. If it is still giving you problems starting when you have the latest let us know because that shouldn't be the case anymore. Thanks!

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #108 L.Lawliet, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    As I continue to play this game I love it more and more.I've unlocked about half of the heroes and I like how each one plays so differently.

For the most expensive ones, Smoulder is definitely the best in the game right now. His ability to stay alive and move freely make him a sure hit. The rock hero on the other hand is very disappointing. He's not totally bad but I found Lancelot way more useful (their niche seems to be similar so I can compare them). He is strong and has a nice special move but the problem is that this game has a focus on big waves of enemies where barracks are very important (more so than games like Kingdom Rush). Although powerful, the rock hero is extremely slow and while he engages an enemy, dozens more pass by him. He also has trouble repositioning himself since he can barely move. His attack speed is also slow so he can't make up for the amount of enemies that are coming out. I recommend buffing him or changing his special to something stronger.

For the basic heroes, Lancelot and Fee are very good. Lancelot is standard melee and Fee does long range. I've found Fee invaluable because she can hit flying enemies (the hardest enemies in the game imo) and her special gives you extra blockage. I can't even bring myself to remove her from my party.

I only got one of the mid-tier units, Masamune, and I'm very very impressed. He's all around amazing and I would say he's my favorite hero overall. But the creators did balance him well since despite his high attack and speed, he has extremely low health which requires him to be micromanaged way more than any other hero. If you can handle that then he will pay off really well.

And as a request, is it possible to get some app icon sharpening? I can post a picture later but I put this amazing app with my other TDs like Kingdom Rush and when I set them next to each other it always looks like this app icon is blurry. I'm not sure if any of the devs has Kingdom Rush installed but if you place their icons side by side, it definitely shows a huge difference. Although this is just a request to fix the aesthetics and doesn't detract from the game itself. Though it would make the icon look much better! :)

9. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Alright...so after this latest update, I am sometimes running into a bug. Lancelot is in my second hero slot, and on some levels I can't activate his shield. At all. If I lose the level and retry, the bug persists, but when I hop directly into another level instead it will sometimes work fine.

It's difficult to replicate the bug because I have to spend 10 stamina each time I enter a level, so I can't do a lot of trial and error. But maybe you can look into this.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention hero bugs! That Lancelot bug I've encountered on the endless map and yes I don't want to reset as I'll lose my free chance to play.

Also another bugged skill is Masamune's stun sometimes after use, Masamune won't attack amd just stand there :/

11. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I have seen this bug also multiple times. I can't figure out what keeps happening.

Has anyone found/bought all the heroes yet? I have been told there is 8.

Fee-Archer
    Lancelot-tank
    Obsidian-golem tank
    Masamune-DPS ninja
    Bolton-mage AOE
    Smoulder-Dragon DPS

I have seen on other hero on a map 11. He was a beast master with a pig as his pet. His special was throwing the pig to do a AOE damage. I wish there was a way to look at the characters before buying them. Sometimes, I will buy a character based on the way they look and not how powerful/weak they are.

12. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Awesome hero write-up! Our progress on the new hero abilities is going very well so get ready for even cooler heroes soon! We are taking a look into the icon issue to try to get it fixed for everyone. We are also aware of the Lancelot shield issue and will look into the Masamune teleport problem.

13. blastemup

blastemup Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Just tried to play this again today-I still can't get past the title screen-I have tried to play on my Ipad Air 2 and on my Iphone 6+-both with latest ios. The title screen comes on for a few seconds then crashes. I have installed/uninstalled several times-no luck.

14. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    I guess with you guys making new heroes that means the game is doing pretty well? I am very excited to see that. I noticed this is your company first game (from your website).

I love this game.

15. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    The legendary mode got a lot easier once I went ahead and bought the third hero.

16. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    I agree. The dragon a moveable cannon/aoe which helps with the maps that take away the cannon

17. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Having a game released that immediately has a problem like this - which I too have experienced - suggests little or no testing before its release, which is NOT how you want to release or promote a game.

I think I'll give it a miss altogether.

This is a lesson to the producers.

18. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    As a smaller team that does most of the testing ourselves, we appreciate all the support and feedback we get from our users on bugs and issues that we may have possibly missed. We do our best to address reported issues as soon as possible and reward players who have experienced difficulties with the early releases. We're sorry for any inconveniences that players have been experiencing and once again thanks for your feedback and input in helping us make this game better.

19. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Having a TON of trouble with Legendary 17 and 19, World 1. Only two levels I have left to complete.

Any tips? Haven't used any items yet and don't plan to.

20. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    I have finished the first world and half way through the second. I love the change in tower and units.

I'm only seeing 6 of the possible heroes at this point. Does anyone know what you need to do to find the other two heroes in missing?