Universal Realm Defense: Hero Legends TD (by Babeltime Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BabeltimeUS, Nov 1, 2016.

1. BabeltimeUS

BabeltimeUS Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    We do give heroes statistical boosts when they level up to their hp, attack, special ability power. Unfortunately between 2 levels it will be harder to notice than between a level 1 hero and a level 10 hero.

This is why we decided to completely revamp the heroes and add in new passive abilities and upgraded active abilities as they level. These new abilities will help to make the heroes more noticeably powerful on each level. We're working on it right now and it's a big project so it's going to take us a bit of time, but we're hoping to have it done as quickly as possible. We'll give updates on our progress as we release new updates and fixes in the meantime. Thanks!

2. puninteresting

Sep 18, 2016
    Complete ripoff of Kingdom Rush. Decent, uninspired.

3. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    #63 DTK, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

Then he has stolen at least the two maps, which one can admire in the screenshots. To make it clear, there are a thousand percent the same maps, as in my favorite TD game (circa 2011-2013)! If necessary, I search the name of the game. If it is still listed in the appstore, I can find the name. Then they can convince themselves.

I had the maps immediately recovered. Had the maps also played long enough.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    About the heroes, how many are available in the current version? I'm wondering which one I should save up for.

Obsidian looks great but his stats resemble Lancelot almost identically aside from his defense. Are they very similar? Smoulder looks decent as air units usually have an advatage so is he probably the better pick? If Obsidian is too close to Lancelot it's probably better to go with a different hero. And the current build doesn't show what their ability does so I can't really tell how good those are. Or maybe there are some mote powerful heroes that appear in the shop later?

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    This is fun.
    But what would people say is the best TD game?

6. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We have 8 heroes in the current version. Smoulder and Obsidian are both great choices as they are the most powerful heroes in the game. Obsidian is similar to Lancelot in that he is a tank hero, he also has an AOE attack though that damaged multiple enemies and a powerful AOE special attack that summons rock spikes at a location to do big damage. Smoulder has the advantage of being an air unit, so he can't be hit by most enemies and can actually engage with flying enemies. His regular ranged attack is a very powerful AOE fireball and his special is an AOE fireball storm.

Statistically Smoulder and Obsidian are pretty similar to each other, so it's more of a choice if you want obsidian's direct stopping power on paths or Smoulders up in the air. We can't wait to get the improvements to our heroes done cause they are only gonna get cooler and have more abilities to make them stronger. Let me know what you end up deciding on!

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Your great descriptions are definitely making it hard to choose. I'm more of a fan of direct melee combat but Smoulder sounds like a powerful threat that can keep himself alive for a very long time. I'll let you know who i choose soon.. I'll have to give it some more thought!

Thanks for all the great work you're putting in. I haven't seen such a promising TD in a while. I've had a TD drought for a very long time until your game came along.

8. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Thank you! Your comments have been awesome!

9. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    #69 BabeltimeUS, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    We were able to fix the game for people experiencing the level 8 no input issue, so check your game if you experienced the problem and it should be good to go now. We'll have an update coming up early this week that will address other issues. Thanks!

10. swai

swai Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I'm enjoying this game a lot! Its such a relief to find a good tower defence on the app store again, I had almost given up hope. Its obviously reminicent of kingeom rush to look and feel, but the tower and mob types feels unique and interesting to me. The business model is incredibly fair imo, plenty of free gems and the energy recharges fast enough on normal play that I never ran out (halfway done with the second map now). The only slight disappointment so far is that I seem to be incredibly bad at the legendary levels so I blow through all energy through quick retries without really feeling like I get anywhere. These quicker, one wave, challenges could have a lower energy cost. Its a really small complaint though, 10/10 so far. Any schedule for when more content is released? :)

11. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Totally disageee. Yes, it's Kingdom Rush inspired, just like many others. Only Legends gets it right, with enough difference to stand apart and gorgeous, exciting sound and art.

If you like Tower Defense, GET THIS GAME!

12. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Thank you! We'll take a look at the legendary levels and possibly adjust the energy price in the upcoming update. Our main focus right now is our hero camp revamp that will greatly improve the heroes. We have plans to add 10 more levels to each world as well that unlock when players beat a world and provide a good challenge. We're working hard and hoping to get this stuff done as soon as possible to increase the quality and content of the game for all our players.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I noticed the game re-downloaded the update or something and the zoom that was added in no longer works.

In general I usually don't like these auto update features. The game will update faster than waiting for an Apple review but if there's a update that doesn't work or breaks it, then there's no way to avoid it. That's why people generally don't recommend putting appstore apps on auto-update in case there's something you don't want updated.

14. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We're really sorry about that. We had to retract the hot fix because our engineers had issues with it. We will be submitting an update to Apple this week that will contain all the fixes. That way you can just update the App from the App store.

15. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Hi I like the game, it's good for TD. I would like to suggest to be able to flip the screen, I can't play it in the evening because of where my charger is and the screen flipping would fix that. Also do the heros get stronger with each level or will there ever be upgrades for like starting gold or increase in gold from enemies?

16. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    We are currently waiting on Apple to approve an update that will allow for screen flipping. The heroes do get stronger as they level and we will eventually be updating all of our heroes with new skills to make them much cooler. We don't currently have any plans to add upgrades for starting gold or increased enemy gold, but if we get enough feedback that it's something players want we can always think about it. Thanks for playing!

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  18. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Version 1.0.1 (Build 25000)

Released on 11/7/2016
    -Added camera zooming.
    -Fixed a bug where game may stop responding after level 8

Update in App store now!​

19. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    It turns out that the orientation unlock didn't get into this update. This update was a quick fix to fix a game breaking bug. We'll definitely have orientation unlocked in the next update which should be fairly soon. Thank you.

20. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Awesome!! Thank you!!