Universal Realm Defense: Hero Legends TD (by Babeltime Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BabeltimeUS, Nov 1, 2016.

1. BabeltimeUS

BabeltimeUS Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Our revamp of the hero camp will help deal with that text problem, and we're definitely already working on the notifications. Thanks!

2. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Loving the game, but it freezes after I complete level 8. Game loads but no button does anything. Have rebooted, deleted game and reinstalled, no luck. Just updated iOS to 10.1.1; could that be the issue?

3. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Hey! Really sorry to hear you ran into this problem. It's an issue we are aware of happening to a few people and engineering is currently working hard to diagnose the problem. In the meantime, feel free to contact our customer support at [email protected] and describe the issue to them and they should be able to hopefully help get your game running again. Thank you!

4. svncheckout

svncheckout New Member

Nov 3, 2016
    I just finished the game in 3 days...

I finished all 40 levels. What then? (Sorry I did not pay and used the clock trick)

5. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Well you can play the legendary mode of every level for an extra challenge if you haven't already, work on unlocking all the heroes, or try to get a high score on the endless level. Otherwise you're gonna have to wait for us to finish the new content we are going to work on. If only we could set our clocks ahead to fast forward to when the that work is finished. :)

6. svncheckout

svncheckout New Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Oops didn't notice there is a legendary mode. I imagine this is just like Kingdom Rush veteran mode? I will try to finish them shortly. Thanks.

7. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Yup they are one wave levels with very high difficulty and certain restrictions on towers you can build. Enjoy!

8. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Babeltime thanks so much for keeping you head in these forums. It emans a lot to us as players that you regularly check in with us. Especially during game launch and infancy since its when most players want to be heard to help make the game better and to hear from you on whats to come.

I just wanted to address one thing you mentioned about gem collecting:

I completely understand the logic here and you are being generous with the overall value for completing levels. Personally though, I prefer to receive gems only so i can choose what items to buy and how to spend them. I typically try to play levels without using items and only dip into them after repeated tries. That said, I would much rather have heroes I can get so getting small amounts of gems to try and get the heroes feels like a long haul. 2 main thoughts on that:

I get the idea of keeping the game longer or slowing down gem grinding, but then maybe 1 or 2 story heroes could be slightly less to purchase (like somewhere between 300-500 gems). I hate to always compare, but KR would allow people to get a few heroes and choose between them. The mechanic here is different since you use more than 1 hero in battle, but having an open slot for most of the game while new heroes come in that i cant even purchase one is daunting as F2P. Maybe 1 or 2 that you can work up to at a lower price gate is in order.

The other option in my mind is the ability to sell items for a reduced amount of gems. This still limits some grinding, but allows people the option of getting more gems or trading items for others they may need.

Again, i dont want to mess with your revenue model or anything; just want to explain how it feels as a player in my current experience. I hope this is helpful as i really hope you guys do well with this game. Really has solid roots to become a staple.

9. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    You're welcome! We really do like hearing the feedback, and are using a lot of it to shape our game as we make changes for upcoming updates.

We actually do have a hero that becomes available on level 12 named Bolton that is purchasable for 750 gems, which is half the value of the 1500 gem heroes. It was our design that by the time players got to Bolton's level they would be somewhat near his price by that point and be able to accumulate enough gems from the upcoming levels and free chests so that they could get him in a reasonable amount of time to start facing the more challenging levels that eventually pop up. We're gonna keep checking and seeing how reasonable that price is, how many players are getting him, and how quickly they are getting him and make adjustments as needed.

Some issues right now that we are trying to address are making the heroic challenges on each level more noticeable. Each level actually has another playable game mode that offers extra gem rewards for completing it, but right now we are finding out that we need improved UI to represent several things in the pre level popups so that players know what modes are available and what kind of rewards they'll receive. We also need to add some UI to let players know that the endless level enter cost resets every day, which is something not noticeable now unless you come back on day 2 and check it out.

We are aiming for a mid week update next week that will address a lot of issues as far as balancing, bugs, missing features, user experience and hopefully improve the overall game experience. Thanks for your input and keep chiming in whenever you have any thoughts or suggestions cause they've been really great.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm bummed that endless isn't exactly endless as it costs gems to try again. I'd actually prefer if you lowered the rewards and made it repeatable with no cost at all (or costing regular stamina). It's already pretty hard so I think a better balance would be making the rewards scarcer or further in and making the level more accessible, that way people will be more inclined to keep playing (the ultimate goal of f2p), and maybe spend gems to reach the later stages with items. How it is right now, people will probably find more value in the Heroes, so they won't spend on the Endless mode which is quite expensive.

I'm still waiting on the energy removal item but it seems like that won't help Endless since it requires gems. So these are just some thoughts from someone that plays mobile games a lot :)

11. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Good to hear about the cheaper hero! had no idea one showed up for that cheap - ill definitely try to get him soon.

And also good to hear about endless. Unfortunately for me, I ran endless a few times in a day just by hitting retry. I had no idea that it would cost extra gems after the first time and i honestly don't know if i lost them (wasn't sure what my gem count was beforehand). Either way, a note on the retry screen saying that it cost gems would be handy too.

12. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Yeah this happened to me too. I think from quitting the game before entering endless for the first time. I never bought the free gems. So it expects me to buy the free gems but no longer gives me the chance to. As a result the game is basically frozen when I reload it. Even after reinstall thanks to Game Center. Looking forward to the fix.

I highly recommend no one quit after level 8. Push through to level 9 before quitting.

13. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    I'm not sure how the game was, but the cards (maps, levels, ...) of this TD game are one hundred percent identical to one of my favorite TD games (about 4 years ago)! In the screenshots, I immediately recognized two of the maps! How I hate so much! Creating a few maps for a TD game costs neither time, nor does one need a great artistic talent! Sadly, even if most of the levels were stolen! The maps were apparently only graphically worsened, or by filter changed, so mostly copied from the original (99.9%)! Only the enemy units are unknown to me, which does not mean that they are not from an me unknown game !?

14. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback and sorry about that bug. If you could send an email to the email I provided our engineers should be able to help you get your game working properly.

15. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Hey there! Sorry you feel this way, but all of our characters, maps, enemies and assets were created by our in-house artists, animators, and designers. Our designers create paths, our environmental artists create the scenes, and our character artists and animators create the enemies and heroes that battle in them. Take care.

16. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Just an FYI, I was able to beat the first boss at level 10 using the hints provided earlier in this thread. Thought I'd mention that so it's understood there isn't a "pay wall" as someone else referred to it as much as a "strategy wall" so to speak. I've since been stuck a couple more times on different levels but have generally managed to try different strategies to make it through. Another tip: don't forget you can reset your upgrades any time with no penalty, so for a level where you think you might only need one or two types of towers, you can just max those upgrades.

Generally I don't like it when a TD game requires you to use a set of towers or combo but somehow it's been balanced fairly well in this game.

Really like this game and do intend to support it with IAP after the first update.

17. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    Thanks! Glad the strategy was helpful and that you're enjoying the game. The fact that we balanced towards specific towers on certain levels definitely creates more of a puzzle like feel to the game. Lots of levels can still be beat with multiple strategies, but certain path shapes and enemy waves definitely favor certain towers and combinations more strongly.

18. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I was able to fix it myself by signing out of Game Center, deleting, and re-installing.

19. svncheckout

svncheckout New Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Does leveling up hero do anything?

Is it just a number? I can't feel my heroes are leveled up at all :mad:

20. BabeltimeUS

Oct 28, 2016
    #60 BabeltimeUS, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    This would work because Game Center is how we track your progress besides your local data, so that if you want to play the game on another device you can continue from where you left off.

Thanks to you and loox reporting this issue, we were actually able to identify the problem and fix it so that this problem will no longer occur in the next update. It's exactly as loox thought where quitting during the post level 8 tutorial will make it so input is not accepted when restarting.