Universal Realm Defense: Hero Legends TD (by Babeltime Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BabeltimeUS, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Rodger BlackMoore

Rodger BlackMoore New Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Just finished world one.

Only three times have i got less than three stars. 2 stars on level 17 i think, 2 on 19 and 1 star on 20, that final wave is a killer 1700 plus mobs coming through.

I do like the improvements they made.

From what i understand there was a program issue preventing them from implementing the fixes introduced in the new game, or something like that.

2. OrificialDerriere

OrificialDerriere New Member

Apr 9, 2017
    #182 OrificialDerriere, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Hello, how do you level up heroes besides using elixirs? I have already beaten both worlds, normal and legendary levels both - with three stars in all levels, and it seems that playing old levels - either on normal or legendary - doesn't seem to give any exp nor rewards whatsoever, only energy...

Please reply if this is a bug or if there is another solution to this. Thanks!! :) :) :)

3. 70plus2

70plus2 New Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Realm defense elixir

What is the new elixir used for????

4. ko_age

ko_age New Member

May 15, 2017
    They are for leveling heroes. At some point, you only needed gems but they changed it. With the Elixir Mine now you can farm easily.

5. Restomagneto

Restomagneto New Member

May 22, 2017
    Character levels

Is there any point to leveling a character past nine where they get all their abilities?

6. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    #186 Analander, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    This game is awesome! Great graphics and they're very generous with the gems... doesn't seem like a money-grab. I'm going to get an IAP to show my support, even though I managed to finish the game.

Are there any other games like this? As in TD games that are fair and balanced? Already have Kingdom Rush

7. Aximili

Aximili Member

May 31, 2017
    How can you guys have too many gems?? I'm stuck on level 16, I think I need a 3rd hero. I want Smoulder which costs 3000 gems and I only have 1400, and apparently there is no way I can get more gems. The endless one is extremely hard I can only survive a minute :(

I wish you could grind for gems. Otherwise if you're stuck there is nothing you can do.
    The game looks very good, but if it is unbeatable without IAP then I can only quit, because who knows how much money they will force out of you to keep progressing. Otherwise I like supporting generous developers by buying IAPs.

And, like everyone has been saying, it'll be more fun to see numbers (eg. damages). Not expecting it in-game, but if it is available online somewhere (or right here in this forum) it'll be awesome.

8. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    Yes, getting the 3000 gem heroes will be hard, but I unlocked Bolton (1500 gems) and he was adequate enough to see me through to the end of the game (World 2). I got 105/120 stars. By the time I finished World 2, I had another 1500 gems.

Make sure you do the daily trial and get the daily log-in bonus. And complete the quests, they give a lot of gems.

9. Aximili

Aximili Member

May 31, 2017
    I see, thanks Analander! So they've probably made it much harder now to get gems... not fun :(

So, for 1500 gems, is Bolton the best?

10. Kuzscospoison

Kuzscospoison New Member

Jun 6, 2017
    World 3 Heroes

So I just saw that world 3 just released for Android, with Apple Store coming out soon after that. I've got an iPhone so I have no idea what's going on with the new heroes. Does anyone know anything about them?

11. ZeroEnigma

ZeroEnigma New Member

Jun 11, 2017
    Awesome Game

Hey guys, so I bought map 3 and was wondering if it only goes up to level 50 cause you're still working on it or is there a way to get past the dust clouds? Another thing, if I uninstall and reinstall cause I'd like to play it all over again but choose different heroes will it erase all my purchases with the new world 3 map that I bought?

12. Ravenhide

Ravenhide New Member

Jun 22, 2017
    3/5 Stars

While I want to be able to offer a solid 4 out of 5 or even 5 out of 5 starts. I simply cannot do so in light of all the glaring issues with the game. I do realize I might be a bit spoiled when it comes to quality Tower Defense games, but yours simply isn't up to snuff-- honestly, the game kind of feels like you have no clue how to go about constructing a Tower Defense that is both fun and challenging at the same time. I'll start off first with the 'gem' system. I don't really have a problem with spending gems, or even real life currency, to purchase heroes or even map powerups. What I do have an issue with is gems needing to be used for pretty much everything in the game in addition to heroes and powerups-- like the Forge and Mine, for example.

Which leads me to me second point. There is absolutely zero reason to even have something as asinine as elixir in this game. Period. Having such a stupid "currency" feels awfully clunky and completely unnecessary. The game would be far more smooth (and dare I say, even more enjoyable) if you simply obtained quite a bit of exp for your heroes as they fought and once a map completed, and use that as the primary means of leveling a hero-- rather like the system the esteemed Kingdom Rush uses. Having to wait several hours for your elixir mine to generate enough elixir to maybe level a hero half a bar is annoying, and it does not make me want to return to the game (which is undoubtedly why this system was designed in the first place-- to give people a "reason" to keep logging in. Fun fact for you: If a game is fun, people will always be playing it!).

Which in turn leads me to my third and fourth points. Too many of the maps, especially the later ones, simply aren't fun. They're irritating, with stupid gimmicks with the enemies and often few ways to counter said gimmicks. We'll start with World 2, where 85% of every enemy you face is armored, often heavily. Great! I don't mind having tougher enemies to deal with. What I do mind is having one, single, slow firing tower that is capable of ignoring armor. Which means that most of those maps so far have consisted of building Thor Towers on the vast majority of the building plots in the hopes that they can deal with all the armored enemies. This is bad design. Using Kingdom Rush as comparison again, the armor system they use is rather awesome. For starters, enemies in that game have both physical and magical armor, which encourages a player to have a mix of all available towers. Secondly, upgrades in that game are capable of stripping a small portion of whatever armor an enemy has to allow other towers to help take them down a little easier. So if you're facing an enemy with super high physical armor, a mage tower with the armor striping upgrade can make that enemy a little more vulnerable to physical towers as it progresses through the map. That sort of thing is fun interplay between towers and adds another layer of tactical depth.

My fourth point is the number of enemies that spawn smaller enemies upon death. I'm not sure who decided that this sort of thing would be fun game play, but its not and he shouldn't have a job right now. Drawing again from Kingdom Rush, they had enemies that summoned smaller enemies too-- but usually never more than 4 at a time with decent pauses in between each summons. Further more, summons in that game never really required much thought to deal with; a simple archer tower could take out those summons easy. In Realm Defense, however, enemies summoning extra enemies is far more prevalent. I could deal with the slimes. They're slow and relatively easy to kill. What I can't deal with is crap like the Goblin Chieftain, who summons 6 or 7 little goblins at once every 5 seconds and fills the entire map with his damn spawn, on top of all the other heavily armored enemies a player has to deal with. And naturally again, the two AoE towers at the player's disposal are the slowest firing towers in the game (even with the Axe Throwers Rage buff). Getting overwhelmed by little summons does not create any sort of game play that is actually fun, and simply results in players eventually writing the game off as a rather bad job and going to find something else to do.

I will certainly stay to see if I can finish the third world, but after I finish that there's really not much of a reason to continue playing the game, even if you do eventually manage to create more worlds than just the three. There are some parts of the game I enjoy for sure, but they are heavily outweighed by what I feel to be more than just simple annoyances that can be ignored. You had (and maybe still have) the potential to create a game that is completely great, but so far Realm Defense simply fails to deliver more than anything but an eventual frustrated headache.

13. Aximili

Aximili Member

May 31, 2017
    Obsidian or Connie?

Guys, anyone unlocked World 3 and get one of the two locked heroes? Are they any good?
    I'm now considering whether to get Obsidian or Connie (and save gems for the locked hero) as my 6th hero.
    What do you guys think? Is it possible to get the locked hero without IAP?

14. Zuko

Zuko New Member

Jul 4, 2017
    Heroes Exp

I love this game it's awesome but I wanted to ask lately my heroes are getting exp like 4, 8 or 10 no more then that. Is it a glitch or it's supposed to be ?

15. Aximili

Aximili Member

May 31, 2017
    If you mean gems, it sounds about right, they are very stingy with gems, they want you to purchase them at a very very high price.
    If you mean exp like from elixir, I think my heroes got about 300exp each on one of the latest level in World 3.

16. Bhoomy

Bhoomy New Member

Jul 23, 2017
    When smoulder got lv2 skills?

I upgraded smoulder to lv 19 and yet all skills are stuck at lv1. Other heros like fee or efrigd at lv 13 they improvedo their first skills at lv2. is it something wrong or spending elixir on smoulder is just a waste?

17. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    They've only updated the story quests to upgrade the skills for Fee and Elfrigid only. Usually, whenever there's a major update, they add another character (the changelog reflects this)

Once they do it for Smoulder, you'll get access to play the missions to level up the skills, so if you have elixir to spare, might as well level him to Level 20.

18. ridwanhumble

ridwanhumble New Member

Oct 3, 2017
    How to defeat 6 bosses to gel level 2 fee's kill shot?

Hello guys. I need help and suggestion here. Im about to get fee's kill shot level 2. I must kill 6 bosses. I always stuck on the purple jelly kind of bosses.. or any other jelly bosses. I use fee level 19, lancelot lv 15 and smoulder lv.1 ...
    Im new to this game.. i play this game about 15 days already. I really need ur help guys.. i like fee so much..
    :):)

19. Aximili

Aximili Member

May 31, 2017
    It'll probably get easier if you level up your Smoulder first :)

20. Kriejtor

Kriejtor New Member

Oct 10, 2017
    3/5

I totally agree with Ravenhide. Player can get ~6000 gems from all sources after finishing everything in world 1 & 2.
    If You spent gems for something else than cheapest heroes You have to pay real money or it will take AGES to get enough gems to push story further. No extra exp for repeating levels, no extra gems. You can eventually get some form tournament ONCE A WEEK. So we getting to the moment "pay to play" and "pay to win". I can pay some, but for god sake, i can buy AAA games for same money as some offers in RD store. Im disappointed. I really wanted to give 5/5.