Universal Really Bad Chess (by Zach Gage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by stfj, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Anyone?

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #62 paulkane, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    The pro refers to if you can beat the game in under a certain amount of moves. Or at least it does for the daily. It's been weeks since I've played so I'm pretty sure the same applies to the weekly?

Edit: you were asking about the daily! Yes, you get a higher ranking in the pro daily by winning under the specified number of moves. It decreases by 5 moves every time you beat the daily, so it makes getting a higher daily pro score pretty difficult once you've reduced those move numbers several times.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    That makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

4. akbjpool

akbjpool New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Achievement #24

I've been loving the game! Quick question about achievement #24, "knowing is half the battle." I have read all the tutorials that I can find, but still have not been awarded the achievement. As far as I can tell, there are 4 tutorials: daily board, weekly challenge, ranked, and free play. 1v1 does not have a tutorial. I have read all of them several times. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your help!

5. webman2k

webman2k Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Hey all,

Interesting issue. I seem to be at a draw with the AI. I can only make one move, the AI counters, then we repeat until my fingers get tired. I though maybe after some repetition the game would sense the draw, but I guess not. It looks like my only option is to surrender. Is there something I’m missing? I’d hate to lose ranking because of a draw.

6. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    You’re hosed. The game doesn’t recognize draws m