Real Time Data on my Google ad for my game 2048v2

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Nov 22, 2014.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    It is 12:24 am China time

I just enabled the IOS ad for 2048 to eat up the balance of the funds. The target is world wide like the first ad. I want to see if it is going to get similar results. :)

2. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    11:11 am China

Google has not eaten all of the money on my 2048v2 ad. There is reasonable activity. Need to wait until 4 or 5 pm when their calender day ends then I will give you a full report. :)

If you had experience toe test or in a full google / facebook ad campaign please post. I am sure those following this would love to know the results.

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #23 1stSPIN, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    Today has been very steady. No up, no down and no money going to google to mention ($1.29) for my SUDOKUit game. I will keep you posted. As soon as the money is used up you can evaluate a toe test ad with Google.

Soon Apple will approve a game call Peniquin and the pianoTap. I will include the results here so you can see the results for paid vs Apple assisted.

Peniguin is an interesting game in my opinion where the program assisted us in making it interesting. pianoTap uses the idea of Do Not Tap White Tiles using a different approach to introduce the tiles. I really like this game and think it is more interesting to play than the other but then again I like most of the game we made so far. :)

4. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    The toe test ads money is almost exhausted. I will try to give you a summary. I can tell you today there is a drastic drop over all in activity. Hope it is because of Thanks Giving:)

5. How much did you earn comparing with the money spent?

6. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I wrote a reply and posted but the system sent me back to login. I am on the way to a meeting with some promo people in Shenzhen. When I get back I will write it out again and I see you posted some comments in the other posts I will reply. Took a quick look at your game. VERY NICE!:)

7. Thanks:)

I am in Shenzhen too:D

8. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    If you are in Shenzhen then lets get together. My phone number is 13823419471. My name is Lajo

9. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Before I answer I will repeat what the purpose of the ads are. They are to generate a critical mass which I believe to be around 10,000 downloads and the amount of money it would take in advertising to get the 10,000 number.

I still have to verify numbers with my programmer for the number of downloads.
    what I can tell you from this short test is that IOS out powers android around 20 to 1. I think this has to do with iPhone users are higher end users and the android setting was across the board so it included all phones which many may not be able to download. I don't know because I don't know these phone. Also the $650 did not justify going into too much depth. I just used their default settings.

The amount of money that was made to this minute is about 150HK which is about $25.00

I will post the final numbers on Monday China time.

Once I have the final numbers I will give you the cost per download etc. I will relax this weekend so it will not happen until Monday China time.

I hope this is helpful and knowing that you are in Shenzhen we can if you are will to share more information.

10. IronNinjaGames

Jun 17, 2014
    I just now caught this thread. Thanks for posting this info, 1stSPIN.

I'm heading down a different path in that our game will be a paid download (either .99 or 1.99), so the advertising strategy may be different. But that said, I'm definitely trying to figure out where I can get the most bang for my buck.

I likewise agree on the "critical mass" phenomenon -- or at least the general idea you need to spend enough to get the proper inertia going before really seeing the big numbers.

11. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    It is still too early to use the google data that being said I see some positive traffic in admob. Countries around the world light up which is good.

It is possible to get forward movement with just 1 person and Apple can give you 100+ but in the real world that number just is not enough. Unfortunately this is a monkey see monkey do world. The more people you have the more likely someone is going to hang their hat and stay awhile. :)

Keep me posted on your results, research etc. You can email me at [email protected] or skype at LajoCymbalski

Some people posted that you can buy ads based on positive downloads which could be good for your apps if your are selling them. You just have to work out the numbers for cost / profit. Good luck. :)

12. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Update Dec2

The traffic as far as ad rotations is consistent. I have no way to check IOS at this time but it seems to be the strongest.

Soon I will try Facebook. Does anyone have the link to their advertising?

13. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #33 1stSPIN, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Interesting results. Have not put any more money in. The ad rotation are consistent and at times doubles. The ad content is very important. In the limited space the viewer must understand enough to decide not to click it for curiosity to inprove your download rate.

I am still working on finding out about Facebook but will continue to work with Google. As soon as apple approved my new version of pianoTap I will promote the IOS version.

The rate of downloads so far is better with IOS. I need to know how to narrow down the phone models I want to target for android.

Last promo for 2048v2 targeted Brazil and Russia witb good results

14. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    This game is still strong as I expected but not making the money it believe it could. Recently found that the China market produces a return far greater than the traditional google and Apple markets like the USA. Tencent has a far larger payout and a more effective way of showing ads which bring in money. Plus my co producer found a way to promote in China without using cash bought ads and just yesterday a game that did not do well in the USA just made nearly $1,000 USD in one day in China and over the weeks has produced approx $300USD to $500USD a day and is growing. I am going to make the 2048V2 China friendly and launch in China. Sometimes the gold is under your feet and you are looking too far in front of your nose so you miss it.:)