real soccer 2009 worth the $6?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TMAC34, Feb 28, 2009.

1. menom

menom Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    photography
    London, UK.
    obviously all opiniosn are valid -0 but you have to weigh them up by how many people agree - most people agree that Real Football 2009 is fantastic

I have it and also think it's great

main thing that would get me playing it more would be teams in the 3 leagues below the English Premiership - so from Championship, Div One and Div Two

Leeds United are in Div One - two levels below Premier League - yet they get 30-40,000 fans at most home games

just concentrating on who's in the Premiership is missing out on a lot of fans who would 'HAVE' to get this if their team was one they could play as

Personally, I want Crystal Palace in there (even if I quite like playing as Liverpool!)

2. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Yes! Photogene is such a great app sometimes I don't realize that it's a 3rd party app. It has a perfect place on the iPhone. I use it all the time! Yeah if multiplayer became worldwide for Real Soccer 2009 it would be incredible.

3. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i have tried a local wifi multiplayer and it still does not work and the few times i got into the game it was very buggy/laggy and was unpayable.

4. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    really another person with wifi in the same area was trying to play with u? Was it different wifi networks?

5. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I was trying to play my friend at school who also has the game on the wi fi connection and it wouldnt work or it was too slow.

6. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I have 2 questions:

1.) I've read the comments in this thread about this having real names for playes and clubs, yet the description says "198 teams with real players' names thanks to FIFPro football license." What gives?

2.) Argentina is a member of FIFPro and I have relatives there, so I was wondering about a couple of clubs. Are Boca Juniors and Estudiantes included?

Thanks.

7. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

I think the players are real but the teams are renamed due to licensing.

Re: multiplayer: for me it's been hit and miss, sometimes it works flawlessly other times there is lag or loss of connection. When it does work though, it's pretty awesome!

8. Baloney

Baloney Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    The single player = way tooooo easy.

9. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    It definitely isn't way too easy. Change the difficulty level.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I have the DS version and if not wrong, the iPhone version is just a direct port like BIA and Assassin's Creed. Imho, it's too simple and easy compared to Fifa and Pro Evo. The iPhone version might feel more difficult just because of the clumsy controls.

11. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Sorry to necro the thread, but at 99 cents this should be an easier decision for the original poster and anyone else that's interested.

12. mofard

mofard Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    it was good when it was released but now it sucks