real soccer 2009 worth the $6?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TMAC34, Feb 28, 2009.

1. hallah

hallah Member

Feb 23, 2009
    This game is still totally worth the money. I've played this one for hours and hours. Very convient for getting ur fix of soccer. I still have it installed on my iphone atm.

2. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    This game is bad... oh dear lord it's BAD!!! I don't even know where to start. I've been debating whether to get this game for a while and decided to cave in to quench my soccer fix... boy do I wish I hadn't bothered!

Controls: Man they are bad! What the single most important thing in a game?... the controls! If you can't play it then why bother attempting. Seriously, unrespinsive would be putting it mildly. There seems to be an irritating delay between you pressing a button and the player performing the action and this 'infuriates' me? Why? Because inbetween the time of pressing the button the shoot or pass and the the player actually doing it, I end up getting tackled and this losing the ball. Also, sometimes the buttons don't respond at all! I'll be pressing 'left' but my player will just stand there, and sometimes when I go to pass, the player will just kick the ball out of play... WHY?! Also, the power bar... broken is the word that springs to mind! When you go to shoot, a little power bar appears and the longer you hold the button, the more powerful your shot. Unfortunately, the bar fills up far to quick. If you let go too soon, then your shot is usually too weak, whereas if you hold it a fraction longer, it's to powerul and flies over the bar... it's far too difficult to hid the middle power.

Also in addition, the fairness of the game... even on easy! Why is it that when I perform a perfectly legal tackle I get a red card, yet if the CPU does the exact same he rarely gets even a yellow? Seriously, I had three players sent off in one match for completely fair tackles??? And, some of the bottom teams seem to play much better than they should... Newcastle United playing like they were Barcelona?... I don't think so!!! Being a Man Utd supporter, I naturally chose the Red Devils, but it doesn't seem accurate when I struggle to even get the ball of chuffing Middlesborough.

I can't wait until EA releases Fifa... hopefully they'll do a better job, because currently, Real Soccer is more League One than Premier League!

3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

what are you on about. everyone has their own opinion but after playing it a lot on my friends ipod i havent recieved a card yet and have laughed at some of the tackles i have made. but hey its your experience with the game.

i do agree though about FIFA. i cant wait for it as it should be brilliant. pity it wont be for 5/6 months

4. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm not sure how anyone can complain about this one, especially for 6 bucks. This is probably the first game in the HISTORY of game where the mobile phone verision is actually better than its portable console versions. And yes I've played it on the DS. And yes I enjoy it better in the iphone (though to be fair that's partly because of the novelty of it being on the iphone i.e. it gets a few extra points...if that makes sense).

5. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    i personally love the app but it NEEDS REAL PLAYER NAMES!!...GO GUNNERS!!!!!!

6. bamafan12

bamafan12 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    AMAZING APP JUST GO GET IT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE ITS AWESOME!!!

especially if u like soccer, ud be insane not to buy this app!

7. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    i created this thread and i would like you to edit/delete your post, as it is mostly untrue. I like the controls, and there is no lag, or unresponsiveness. You either jailbroke or did not reboot your device. Next, about the cards, i agree that you sometimes get yellows for tackles, but you only get reds when you tackle the goalie, or sometimes when you tackle someone from behind. Everyone thinking of buying this game, ignore this guys post, it is not true. This is in my top 5 favorite games(see sig), and it is not there for no reason. It deserves it.

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Come on, everyone can have different opinion. Just because you love this game to death doesn't mean everyone will.

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Seriuosly, what are you, like 5 years old? You don't agree with my opinions in a video game so I should delete my post?... grow up. If you can't accept other people difference in opinions then you don't belong here.

10. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    those arent opinions, u said the controls are unresponsive and they are perfectly responsive, u obviously did not reboot your phone or i is jailbroken. Sorry if u thought my reply was harsh, but it was not your opinion.

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Erm... do you even know what an opinion is? Oh, and no my iPhone isn't JB and I always reboot!

12. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Yes I know what an opinion was. The part where u said this game is bad, thats an opinion. Where u said the controls are unresponsive, that is not an opinion. THat is a statement. You are trying to say that the actual controls are unresponsive, and that is not subjective. The controls work great for me so idk what is wrong. Try deleting and reinstalling. I think that works with some games. I think you are overreacting. I'm not trying to get into a huge argument. You are the only person on TA that I have noticed saying this. Check other threads, nobody else says controls are unresponsive.

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I thought it was okay. If you think about comparing it to being on the DS, six dollars is totally worth it.

14. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    My opinion on the controls is that they are unresponsive... that's my opinion, my thoughts on the subject. Why do you find that so difficult? Just because you clearly love a game does NOT mean everyone has to share your views. If to me the controls suck, then to me the controls suck. In fact, I'm more than aware a lot of people like it, but I think the game as a hole is not great at all. I stand by all my initial opinions on the games, and you're not going to force me to change my mind on it, because it's my decision to make. It's not my problem if you can't be mature enough to just accept it and move on.

15. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    its whole by the way. I'm not the one overreacting, that's immature. Whatever I don't care what you think.......I just don't want people to see what you wrote and not buy it because of that, because I don't think what you wrote is accurate.

16. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I agree that sometimes the controls are unresponsive but thats only if you lift your finger off of the dpad and try to press the dpad. if you keep your finger on dpad and just slide around to move it works fine. also sometimes i do get a red card for a soft tackle but that just makes the game more difficult and fun. i really like the game and suggest to anyone who does not have it to get it.

17. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i was just about to ask if used photogene for these, i can spot that work from a mile away lol....great app i use it all the time ....but this is an even better one multiplayer doesnt work sometimes but its still a great game

18. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Yes the only time your finger should leave the d-pad is when initiating a sprint. The d-pad seems like it should be treated like a virtual joystick...the 4 arrows aren't the only place you may touch.

19. mookie32155

mookie32155 Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    multiplayer has not worked for me once and im kind of dissapointed. i have had the game for 2 months and tried many times to play multiplayer and it has not worked once. im not sure if its that no one plays multiplayer or if my game is messed up.

20. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    yeah multiplayer hasnt worked for me either.......I think that it is local multiplayer not global multiplayer, so you could only play if your friend in the same area was on.