Apple TV Real racing 3 Noé avaible !!!

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by klamper, Feb 16, 2016.

1. klamper

klamper Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Hello all!

Now the EA real racing available on Apple TV. But I need to play for comment my experience !

Enjoy!

2. Jeffrey Chee

Jeffrey Chee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Programmer
    Singapore
    it's really good.. too bad very pushy on IAP

3. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Omg I thought they were done milking this serie already ! Never thought they would also release a tvOS version! That's a good news since other developers are incompetence & worthless enough to not able to develop something better than real racing 3 ( and that's a game had been release for few years ago !)

4. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015

Disagree, I think the daily check in & event reward are kinda generous and the IAP are worth it for a game getting premium support : update like this

And That's a good news since other developers are incompetence & worthless enough to not able to develop something better than real racing 3 ( and that's a game had been release for few years ago !)

I'm gonna download it on Apple TV and buy some gold to support the developer

5. Jeffrey Chee

Sep 26, 2012
    Programmer
    Singapore
    I think i have a bad habit of tapping wrongly the UI using the siri remote, always end up in the IAP screen or spending Gold.
    If they can improve on the ui, will definitely be better.

Nevertheless, its the best racing game now on ATV. This I agree :)

6. klamper

klamper Member

Jan 15, 2015
    I played RR3 with MFI nimbus controller and is very good! but the game features some lags when advance on the race track . You agree? otherwise the game is very good and also will like the split screen multiplayer version.

Regards

7. Jeffrey Chee

Sep 26, 2012
    Programmer
    Singapore
    I played multiplayer with remote and nimbus. totally rocks

8. drtofu

drtofu New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Totally agree — their UI using the Siri remote is a nightmare. Constantly defaulting to the wrong thing. They should turn off the default completely on the screen where you decide whether or not to repair the car, as well. Many unintentional ‘repairs’ when they weren’t needed.

But the racing part is pretty nice — more fun than on the iPad, I’d say.

9. Jeffrey Chee

Sep 26, 2012
    Programmer
    Singapore
    let's hope more console games gets ported to ATV!

10. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    I hope that someone or some company will developer something next generation upon the new iOS infrastructure / OS X indeed of keep milking this 4 years old real racing 3

11. britbloke

britbloke Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I've played a couple of hours and I agree that there is stuttering during racing. I don't think it's because the ATV can't keep up because it happens when you're the only car on the track.

I'm using the Mad Catz Ctrli controller and it doesn't seem to control that great. The control scheme options don't show a graphic for game controllers so it doesn't appear optimized for them.

12. swoop

swoop Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IT Consultant
    Brussels
    #12 swoop, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    I really do not understand all the praise. Yes, I'm happy that another "first-wave" game appeared on aTV (my primary game platform right now, btw), but the result is incredibly sub-par.

The game doesn't even get to stable 30fps - not even by cheating and displaying in 720p!! It is borderline unplayable.
    And then, there's IAP. OK, business model of their choice, but not my cup of tea. I'd rather pay 9.99 for full game and be done with it.

Cannot wait for second-wave racing games. No flashy graphics, but stable 30 (or 60) fps. That will be the moment when aTV will turn to established platform. Asphalt 9, I'm hoping...

13. danielk

danielk Member

May 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
  14. Erik Veland

Erik Veland Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Glad to see more racing games, but I'd rather Asphalt 8 add split screen multi player. That would be 100.