Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Cool. I was thinking I was acting a bit over the edge, just to see I'm right
    Hope the EA bastards do a decent promotion at least for once.

2. PedroCst

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    If you have an account with no payment method or GC cash you can switch to NZ (using Account settings), download it and put your country's settings back again.

3. Shirflex

Shirflex Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    I have my account with payment method :( (F**CK)

4. PedroCst

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Either unaffiliate it and create a new account. I have two iTunes accounts, so I used the one with no GCs on it :)

5. PedroCst

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Just one little thing you're all expecting: it's highly likely that RR3 will look better on the iPhone 4 than on the iPod touch 4th gen due to the RAM improvement.
    The connection is slow as a turtle here but I'm anxious to play the game (even with the iAP shit) and I'll post some screens after playing a bit :)

6. MishukK

MishukK Member

Dec 9, 2012
  7. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Looks like one of the gameplay videos from 148Apps if you ask me ...

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It runs ok on the iPod Touch 4 so it will definetly run on your device. No idea how it will look like on it, but definetly better than it does for me. (screenshots from the iPod Touch 4 in the release thread)

9. MishukK

MishukK Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I'm sure it will run on my device :)
    I just hope it's not too far from the beauty that we've seen on iphone 5 :(

10. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Is it out in Canada yet?

11. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    That's what it says, but it's not in our store yet

12. Shirflex

Nov 28, 2012
    Thanks.. Afrer hours of trying i could create an apple id without payment method. Downloading the game. I'll tell you guys how it works on ipod touch 5

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    There is no online multi player yet, just the time shift multi player thing they have going on.

14. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Some people have gotten this game across international store and have said that the repair wait times can go upwards of 3 hours, or skip with IAP. Real bummer that its turned into this but I'll still play it when it comes out, reluctantly of course.

15. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    #1315 Scope_Reflex, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    Deleted

16. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    6 hours the second time. I've read 15 hours as you get deeper and improve the quality of your garage.

17. elgingo

elgingo Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Setup a NZ account just to get this. Running it on a 4s and it looks amazing. Gonna give it a run on my tv tomorrow with my hdmi adapter. Can't wait.

My impressions so far. Game looks great and the controls are really good, there's a control method for just about every preference.

Lots of different types of Races to stop things getting stale. You got regular racing, drag racing, endurance, high speed, head to head, round robin and probably more I've yet to come across.

IAP is pretty much unnecessary once you get a few cars, since you get plenty of cash to buy new cars, upgrades and repairs. What will probably annoy people are the wait times on everything, which you need gold for to skip. But once you got a few cars you can just switch up between them whilst you wait for upgrades and repairs.

The game hands out enough gold though so you don't feel like its too precious so you don't spend it. My advice though would be to save every penny as some upgrades require gold rather than cash.

The actual racing is very slick but this time shifted multiplayer is kind of a let down imo. I was expecting lots of ghosted cars that adhere to the driving paths to their actual players, but can still interact with you and other drivers physically. So naturally I was thinking there would be lots of chaos.

What you actually get is a grid of 20 cars all adhering to the same racing line all trying to finish the race at a time set by a real world player. So there seems to me at least very little, maybe even no overtaking going on between the other cars on the track with you. It's kind Of hard to explain but you'll see what I mean when you play it.

Another annoying thing is that you always start off in last place on the grid, be nice if there was an option to do a qualifier lap or maybe use your last position in your last race to determine where you start in the grid.

Lastly there is no leaderboards from what I've seen, not s huge deal but with this kind of racer which is all about being social it would have been nice to see some leaderboards for cars and tracks and trophies and all sorts of things.

Apart from those few gripes I'm having a great time and it looks like there is enough here to keep me busy untill real racing 4 comes out.

18. Shirflex

Nov 28, 2012
    It works almost perfectly on ipod touch 5 it feels like it runs at 40+ FPS but on the cockpit view it feels like it runs at 20-25 FPS. It's a very nice game but you can't set anything.. I mean, the only thing you can do is just play the events and you cannot create a race for yourself

19. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I like the game ...almost everything about it... except the in-app purches other than that the games defenetly a show case.

20. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

If you're posting impressions about the game, please make sure you do so here :)