Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    What is the time frame you were trying to download from the cloud?

It should be noted that Game Center and iCloud was down for quite sometime yesterday. This could have likely caused your problems.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Reading some of the reviews, people are finally fighting against this atrocity

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Given that they've just halved some of the higher payouts of R$ and fame, I'm not surprised. The 10 lap lemans race used to pay 28000 fame points, I raced it yesterday ang got 14000. Not a lot of incentive left now.

4. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #5284 jgeirge, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll try again and report Back

Edit: Still no luck; don't know if the game is at fault or game center is the problem. Regardless this blows as I bought a bit of currency.

5. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    "Bonus Fame" is going on right now, I believe 15 hours left. Get racing, earn double fame and try to amass those ever expensive gold coins.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    what happens when the online features are retired? no more getting new cars and upgrades? no more multiplayer? so every race becomes a time trial?

7. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I doubt anytime soon the online features will be retired. RR3 has been going strong for over two years now, and still makes a nice profit for all involved in development.

They just released updated versions (2015) of some of the most expensive cars in the game. Multiplayer sees around 2,000 constant active players still.

To answer your question further, when RR3 gets retired (eventually it will, of course), yes you can assume it would be time trials. However, by that time RR4 would no doubt be released with online features. You can bet a lot of money that RR4 will survive the test of time, just like RR3 continues to do.

8. Anonomation

I bet RR4 will make us all sad.

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #5289 oscar123967, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    NFS no limits made me sad :( its the same studio correct?

Same here. A couple people in the reviews are claiming the same thing. Speaking of which, wow, the reviews are brutal lol. This update pissed everyone off by the looks of it

10. Anonomation

Yep. Fire monkeys.

Either they fell for the greed or the usual EA bull.

I bet someone was like "hey, what if we made an actual fun console like experience for mobile?"

And some important EA person is like "What? LOLs no. Let's drill out the same things everyone else is doing but slap a bug name title on it and fill it with outrageous prices. If they can pay for candy crush, they can pay for this!!!

This game isn't fun unless you started when it came out back in 2013. Back then I had an iPhone 4 and didn't really care about the game, anyone starting now is at a huge disadvantage and even everyone who has been playing is being ripped.

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Hey GPS and Rip73!
    Here is another player from the first hour.
    Nice to see you guys are still at it, or actually... are you?
    Was curious, because I wonder if you guys pay actual money for it or are you able to do everything without paying a single dime to the game to this day?
    Still love this game, but at the same time hate it. Just so many upgrades needed in order to actually progress in tiers regardless of race class.
    What is your strategy?
    (Currently, I am trying to get 100% completion per section. So I am still busy with PRO/AM (even though I have cars and made progression in much higher race classes.)

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hey Pony!
    Still at it each day, it's been a roller coaster ride this one... Same as you, I'm often frustrated by RR3, but I love the racing..
    I threw some money at this a couple of times, very early on, but I haven't spent anything for ages now. My progression is, I have everything unlocked, all but 4 cars, 100% completion on most events and the others hovering around 75%, usually cause I don't want to throw all my gold at upgrades. All my earnings have been legit, no clock winding and the like( been tempted a couple of times)
    I don't really have any strategy to earn gold, I used to do the lemans 10 lapper with the LMP1 cars, but now I just make sure to do at least 1 race a day to keep my bonus, and then pick a few high fame earners..
    Cheers

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    FYI update coming with new track(Porsche test track) and a couple of new Porsches. There is a teaser vid on you tube

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Update is here.

15. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    ummmmmm

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    buncha porsche's in the update, two events already done and moved on. their doing some sort of team event competition thing now. pretty quiet beyond that.

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    New update is out. NASCAR! 43 cars on the grid at Richmond. Really nice! No matter what your opinion of the Monkeys, this imo is a great update!

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Myrealracing.club has nicknamed it the "left turn update" heeheehee!

19. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Ok so i decided to reinstall the game and message popped up showing 1000gold deal for just 20 bucks. So i grabbed my old save file but now i cant find that deal anywhere. Was that 1 time thing or did i imagined it somehow?

20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I had this offer a couple of times over a year ago... I bought it straight away... To me that is a fair price, not $129 for 1000 gold.

Also after attempting to win the NASCAR challenge at the moment, I have decided the Monkeys are still evil and this is a very gold expensive update.. # I still enjoy the racing, but may have to abandon the chance to win the NASCAR because of the upgrade gold prices.. I think on the My Real Racing forums they're saying something like 3000 gold to upgrade all four Nascars in their respective championships..yikes!