Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Well said RIP. For the first time since it came out I stopped playing after the rebalance, I get the feeling a lot of people did the same. I think it went from two LeMans 10 lap races (with the double points from the lady) to 4 and a bit LeMans races( still withe double fame). I have never understood the pricing in this game, in Australia its $129.00 for 1019 Gold.. WTF!!! That means I could get the La Ferrari For 790 Gold and wow I'd have 290 left. That is insane.
    I'm back to playing at the moment, I still enjoy the racing, but boy the Monkeys make this game hard to like #

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #5242 GPS, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Sorry to bring up a pretty much dead thread, but for anyone who recently won the Maserati, then lost it.. Here is the response from Firemonkeys after I put a ticket through..

Greetings,

The Game Team have confirmed that a majority of players who did not receive the reward had not received it due to adjusting the Local Time/Date settings on their device, causing the Game to believe that they had finished the challenge after the deadline that was set. The Support Team is unable to assist you if you have adjusted your Local Time/Date settings on your Device.

If you have NOT adjusted your time/date settings on your device, but still experienced this issue, we can investigate this further for you, provided that you have not disabled your usage sharing through the course of this event.

However, due to the extensive investigation required for this, false or fraudulent reports are taken equally seriously. If a report is found to be false or fraudulent during the course of our investigation, you may be penalized, up to and including indefinite suspension from the game. Would you like to continue the investigation process at this time?

Here was my reply...

Thanks for the response...
    I finished before the completion of the event, I only used the time to complete servicing, to get the event done, before it ran out. The thing that upsets me most with FireMonkeys is that you expect us to fork out hundreds of real world dollars to complete this game (over $100 for 1019 Gold which is enough for 1 top end car, which is absurd), I have in fact spent a lot of my real world dollars on this game, far more than I have spent on all other apps I own combined. Yet I feel like you screw us over at every opportunity (fame points to level up for one example) by changing the game via micro updates when it suits.
    I have played this game since day one soft launch, legitimately EVERY day, yes I have used the day/date forward trick to complete servicing, but that's it, I've never exploited any other bug or hacked the game. (I do not see adjusting time as cheating or denying Firemonkeys of income, as I have said, I have paid more than enough money in over inflated IAP's).
    You can happily check my usage.
    So disappointed with what used to be my favorite Dev team, till EA intervened.
    Firemint used to take interest in what players wanted, and encouraged their feedback, now it's all about sucking dollars from wallets, and screwing down the game accordingly, it's a real shame because the Real Racing franchise is easily the best on iOS, so badly flawed by greed, shame on you FireMonkeys.
    Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPod

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well said!!!

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    @ GPS, that's an awful shame.
    I think we both know my stance on exploits and moving the clock forward for repairs isn't even any kind of an anything worth even commenting on, it's so insignificant.
    It's not any kind of an exploit or hack. It's insignificant in every way and pales in comparison to the exploits and hacks people are using out there to gain gold illegitimately.
    I'm very disappointed to hear this happened to you actually considering you are the very epitome of a legitimate customer and has spent real money in the game and plenty of it. And supported it well.
    Very disappointing.

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    wow,that is a tough call from the greedy monkeys.Can't say if my sympathy for them can get any lower.Probably not.

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks folks, it's all good really.. It's just a game, a very good racing game spoiled by IAP, but just a game none the less. Not sure I'll keep playing now.. Interestingly It's hard to push that delete button though, I guess when it's been on the device for almost 2 years and played nearly every day.... What is that? Wierd how we humans work #

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    It crossed my mind #

They did respond to my reply, to confirm there was nothing they could do given I had adjusted the time. My simple response was..

As expected,

Thank you.

To which I then received this....

Hi,

I do understand that you are quite upset with what has happened. If I were into your shoes, I would have felt the same. I could relate to the disappointment caused due to this.

Should you need help with anything else, please feel free to get back to us.

Regards

Doesn't change the result, but the person didn't have to respond at all... I kinda respect that they did.
    Anyway... Such is life #

8. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    #5248 iPhones iOS, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Well, I at least used to have it on my iPod Touch, so... Although, I don't really play it at all, really, at least, not right now. Although, I really should start playing it more often, again!

9. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    Yeah, you know, I would kind of respect that, too! And yeah I agree that it is part of life! After all, "Life isn't always fair!"

10. Mr.Nice

Mr.Nice Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Zero Gold for Levelling Up

I just levelled up to 70 with the 100% (today only) fame bonus and got 0 (zero) gold as my reward. I've opened a ticket with FM but has anyone else encountered this?

11. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Same thing happened to me, I just got to level 68 and got 0 gold.

12. Mr.Nice

Mr.Nice Member

Jul 9, 2014
    once-off

It just happened once though, and not the next time. Only got 20 gold for getting to level 71 - thought it would be slightly more than that

13. DantBro18

Aug 20, 2012
    Live multiplayer is stupid, every time I come 1st, 2nd or 3rd I lose points, but when I see people get in the top three they get 50+ points, while I always loose upto 30 points each time. I also encounter a lot of hackers, when I use a superior car that's usually fully upgraded people with worse cars seem to zoom past at over 400 kph. E.g When I use the Lexus LFA and others are using the Hyundai or whatever it is, they seem to be 5x faster than me when my car is technically better in every way. Fix the damn game.

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    For anyone interested, version 3.0.0 has just hit the App Store. New track, Monza, and 3 Formula 1 Ferraris to win via events.

15. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh.My.God!!!!

Finally my dream has come true.

True formula 1 cars on my mobile.

This news has just turned the crappiest day to the best for me.

Thank you E.A.

16. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Woooo hoooo hooooo f1!!!!!!

17. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Anyone know how much the new cars cost?

18. DantBro18

Aug 20, 2012
    Are you referring to the new F1 cars or the Maseratis? The F1 cars will probably be a lot of gold since their so good, but you can win them in the challenges which so far have been easy.

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    F1s. And yeah I know, just curious how much they're worth

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Won't know till 26th (28th?? Maybe) of January when they become available for outright purchase.
    They are winnable in event till then. Usual 7 days of events to finish and win them.
    Haven't started them yet but I assume the usual applies that the events will go into campaign if you don't start them between now and next update and can start them at any time.
    Would have to recommend event to win them and doing it before 26th. Just in case.