Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Same here, seems like almost everyone is having issues. Lots of people reporting the same issue on the My Real Racing forums.

2. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    What happens when the timer runs out for the Murai? Will it be unlockable or will I be unable to get it?

3. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Is someone else have frame rate problem when playing real racing 3 on iphone 6 plus ? Its like it goes in slow motion

4. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Yeah, everyone with the 6 plus is having the same issue. Probably the 6 as well. On top of running at about 2-3 frames per second the touch zones for buttons aren't correctly mapped to the screen - you have to touch about an inch and a half below them, so it is impossible to navigate some menus even if you could put up with the awful frame rate.

5. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Ok. And same shit with modern combat 5 with graphic bugs on iPhone 6 plus #

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Multiplayer would be so much better if everyone were ghosts... There's so much b.s.:(

7. obsidian

obsidian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Italy
    I stopped playing this game over a month ago, how does it run on iOS 8?

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I've only played once or twice In the last few weeks, if you do a hard reset of your device it seems good. Before resetting it was very leggy.

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Any other good racing games out there that you play GPS? Getting a bit annoyed with this one now... They really need to fix the multiplayer

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah, I've been hunting for a substitute racer.. For me, there's not much to replace this in the sim style racers. A few of my faves though are mini motor race, reckless racing 3 is taking up a lot of my time, also Pocket rally, drift x racing, motorsport manager, also a little of pico rally. Most of these don't really qualify as racers like Real Racing 3, which is why I keep coming back to this( just not as much as I used to).

11. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    android??

is this not out on android yet? anyone know when?

12. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I think I'll pick up reckless racing 3 as that seems to be getting a whole lot attention. Maybe motorsport manager as well, but not too sure. Never played a managing sim before. I did notice that many people who were skeptical about the game/the managing aspect of it loved the game though. Is there a huge learning curve? Is it a really in depth game? Or does it focus more on being a game; easy to get the hang of, but challenging to get good at? It's hard to tell from just videos

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    It's the only management game I have, it is pretty simplistic compared to other manager style games from what I can tell, it's easy to get the hang of. You manage the team development, hire crew and drivers, car setup is pretty simple, you direct race strategy, pit stops etc. it's a fun game. I enjoy it anyway.

14. obsidian

obsidian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Italy
    Reckless racing 3 is great, just like its predecessors. ;)

15. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I had a 6+ and it was unplayable... its 100x better on iPhone 6 ... smooth as silk and looks great on the larger screen

I wonder if its the GPU can't handle the 2k screen so well or a bug in the game?

16. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It looks great and runs amazing on the iPad Air 2. I have been out of touch with the game for a little while now. Bringing it back up reminded me why I loved the game. I'l probably spend a lot of time catching up on all the updates since my last outing.

I'll have to see it on the iPhone 6 as well.

17. DantBro18

Aug 20, 2012
    #5237 DantBro18, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Do I need to get the Nissan JR Motorsport if I've already got the Nissan GTR Sumo in the GT1 series? Is there any need to buy it?

Edit: I've also found a good way to earn money very quickly, it only costs 1 or 2 gold, it's the Ferrari F40 showcase race on the Le Mans circuit in the Classic Ferrari Showdown, it you use the 2x R$ boost (and the car maintenance boost) you can get just under 100,000 R$ in one race, it only takes around 7 to 8 minutes, and get huge amounts of money that would usually take days for only a few gold.

Edit 2: In the same race, with the 100% daily bonus and the 2x R$ I got just under 170,000 R$. So doing that at the start of your day could be extremely profitable.

18. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Given that RR3's been out for some time now i'm curious about how people find the new content...

For me, i'm in the camp of having hundreds of hours of gameplay out of the title over the time but have not spent a single penny on any IAP for this game, mainly for a single reason; in that i find the 'value' of the IAP's in RR3 to be terrible and unbalanced...

The new cars are expensive... old cars are expensive ... need multi-millions of R$ to buy and tune. R$ 5m costs £70!!!

Thats enough to buy and upgrade maybe 1 or 2 cars ... then of course they need gold, 1000g costs £70 too

So basically to 'buy' my way through this game i'd have to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds to see my way to getting maybe 5 or 6 top-end cars and tuned up ... since you also need to unlock most of the best cars via lower series..

That's idiotic.... it was then, it is now...

So i just don't understand how people are playing this game to any reasonable degree with all these new cars

I know the IAP model is 'it' now and maybe people like me who'd have gladly paid a one-off £35 'unlimited' pot of gold/r$ purchase to basically unlock the game are maybe few and far between

I do buy some IAPs .... recently Beach Buggy Racing, spent maybe £7 in total on that but that was on the basis that it got me over a hump with it but then it was balanced enough to make it possible to finish the game in total without spending more.

Even with RR3, i almost feel bad for not giving them any money for the game, but then even if i threw them £35 all that gets me is R$2m ... which i'd spend in a heartbeat and wouldn't really make any serious dent in the gameplay....

I'm just genuinely curious as to whether people are still chasing the content on this since they keep releasing new cars etc.

19. DantBro18

Aug 20, 2012
    I think it is hard for everyone to get the new cars that they released, as most of them are in the Legend series which is extremely expensive, like the recent convertible update, the classic Lambo update and the new LaFerrari is also right down at the end of the Legend series, so only a few people (would be hundreds actually) would be able to get these new cars as they come out. And as some of them cost huge amounts of gold then even less people would have them when the updates drop.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, you've hit the nail on the head there.
    The problem with the game isn't really the iap, it's the ridiculously high prices they charge for it.
    The value for money proposition just isn't there.
    If they actually rebalanced the iap pricing, had regular sales even for example, and targeted a 20% uptake rather than a 2% "whale" uptake, it'd actually open it up a lot more for more people. It'd even translate to potential higher margins for them if they did it right.

I should state I have bought iap (way too much of it as it turns out), I originally did use it to support the dev team, a talented bunch and hoarded a lot of the gold over times where they made it easy briefly.
    The le mans series last race that was a great earner rank and cash wise for example before they "rebalanced" it, that led me to having enough hoarded gold from rank climbing to buy the new cars but nowhere near enough to upgrade them too far.
    Having it from soft launch helped out a hell of a lot as well.

The "rebalance" they did that increased the fame needed to rank up closed that door of opportunity and is one of the reasons I will never again buy iap in it because of the low value for money it represented in the first place and the constant new barriers they put up.
    Paying out more gold for ranking up was originally a step in the right direction but making ranking up exponentially more difficult afterwards was not very clever.
    Getting ads in the game when I'd already bought iap didn't help matters either.

Rebalancing of iap pricing to target a potential 20% uptake would be what I'd like to see but I'm not holding my breath right now of it happening anytime soon.
    So it's probably the end of the road where new cars for me are concerned. Will have to wait and see if I play enough to level up but I probably won't bother at this stage.