Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Fazana

Fazana Member

May 11, 2012
    Thank you, I was looking under Firemint when it didn't come up under the appname!

2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    No offence but looks pretty terrible on iPod touch 4.

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've played it in both iPod 4 and ipad4 and while it looks amazing on the new ipad it does look a bit jaggy on the old iPod touch. The visuals suffer on the iPod to keep the performance up as far as I can tell.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Looks better then 2

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hehe 15mins for changing oil... I think in my real car i can do it faster.

6. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    No offense, but how can you say something like that?
    Consider the hardware specs of that tiny little device. I am totally blown away by the fact it looks like this good on a device like that.
    The environment suffers quite a bit, sure. But I am quite amazed at the car detail, for example. And don't forget that poor old device has no exceptions and must be able to render 22 of them on the grid all at once just the same.

Think about it from a technological standpoint: this is quite unreal what you are seeing here. Huge kudos to Firemonkeys for pulling that off!
    And on the device's (smaller) screen itself it probably looks even better versus the screenshots posted here to boot. ;)

7. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Totally agree with you.

8. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Looks pretty good. How does it run on the 4g?

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #29 Rip73, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    The gold is definitely very expensive, but there is a range of packs available that gives cars and events.
    One for €4.49 gives you a ford gt, 2 events unlocked and 30 gold.
    Another for €8.99 gives you dodge viper, 2 series and 65 gold.
    For €4.49, you can get 100,000 cash and 20 gold.

There's a big variety to choose from, so if you buy, be sure and buy wisely.
    The big money prices are only for gold or in game cash.
    The packs are substantially more value relatively speaking.
    For example €8.99 can buy you a pack with a car, 2 series and 65 gold. Or if you go to just the gold store, the same money will buy just the 65 gold.
    So basically, buy the pack, not the gold on its own.

I'm neither agreeing or condemning it, just informing. I'd rather not receive the backlash please.

Maybe this will get tweaked through sales and stuff going forward, who knows. And the packs might be different on full release.

10. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    can someone with an iPad 4 or iPhone 4S post some screens? on the ipod touch it looks really terrible... even RR2 had better visuals or at least better AA

11. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Wonder how much it would cost to buy all the cars and all the upgrades and pay to skip all the timers until you have unlocked every thing

12. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well the best pack you can buy is RR3 + Tetris... so you ll have something to do in between repairs... I'm starting to getting boring with all these timers... and i im not enjoy it so much till now (i loved RR1 + RR2)... It is not entertaining when some opponent scratch your car and you have to wait for it after the race. Also i am super duper carefully when i am racing, not to lose my line and don't finish the line 1st but just nobody scratch my car and these makes the experience annoying even for a sim race.
    After 45mins of playing: The graphics are just WOW, the physics top notch, the models and the tracks amazing BUT the experience far from good or nice because of the mechanics... Hope it is just me and all the others gonna enjoy this game.
    For one more and last time i m gonna say that.. If this title was premium, for me, would be the best iOS game as the previous titles of the series that we loved.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Calling it now, this is going to be the most popular racing game in the history of racing games. You guys might hate it, but that's the beauty of free to play.

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    This is exactly what I was thinking. The accessibility is very broad, so if the TSM works as advertised this is going to be huge!

15. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    The beauty of it ? Are you F*cking serious or just trolling?

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The most popular racing gave ever, Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2, sold 15m copies. It launched in 2001. Real Racing 3 will see more than 15m downloads inside of the first week of its release.

17. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    it doesn't shop up! what am i making wrong???

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    As someone pointed out in the upcoming thread, things that are popular are not automatically good as well, Justin Bieber et al. This accessibility will come at a huge cost to the gaming credentials of the iOS platform.

19. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    You need to have a NZ account

20. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    omfg!!!
    when you have to do service on your car (not the repairs) these are the wait times:
    oil: 15 minutes (you need to do this every 4-5 races)
    engine: 3 hours!!!! (my guess is every 25-30 races)
    brakes: 60 minutes!! (my guess is every 15-20 races)
    suspension: 1 hour 30 minutes!! (my guess is every 20-25 races)
    tires: 30 minutes!! (my guess is every 10-15 races)