iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Night, why upgrade to a 5? Why not just buy an ipad 5 instead? Know it is a little more money, but I think in your case, it would be worth it, and the 4s would be fine to use as a secondary device.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    That's actually an option too since work would be paying either way and I've been wanting a tablet to keep equipment manuals and stuff on. I just like mainly sticking with the iPhone because it's then just 1 device with me pretty much all the time.

Still, an iPad is in my future either way.

3. What, work will pay for it? Well, then, you would be crazy to pass up getting an ipad 5 over the iphone 5. At least in my humble opinion. Reading the web is great on an ipad, hard to do on an iphone. Plus, you seem attached to your iphone 4s, my iphone 4 is doing fine for me, don't really feel an urge to upgrade it cause I never game on it, read TA or news or sports on it mostly. Just wish the phone companies subsidized an ipad instead of an iphone. But heck, if your work will pay that difference, go for an ipad 5. Your iphone 4s will fill in when you want to game on the road.

At all other times you will probably prefer an ipad 5, plus it should be pretty light. And try an icade core joystick sometime.

Anyway, good luck, hope to see you with an ipad 5 soon, don't get an ipad 4, it's too heavy, and the 5 will be much better.

4. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, either way, work will pay for it all. I think I'd really like an iPad Mini 2 with Retina. I think that would fit my lifestyle a little better. But either way, I'm not making any moves right away. I like the 4S, just don't want roped into an extended contract on it when an upgrade is less than a year off.

Thankfully I can sync over big apps from my netbook through iTunes.

5. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    And if or when you do get an iPad, get Asphalt 7. Then get all the 441 stars there are to get :3

6. Yeah, that may work too, though it is rumoured that apple maybe having some problems getting retina in the 2 for this year.

Plus the 5 will be smaller and lighter weight. Give it a chance. Anyway, good luck with whatever you buy, but since you are a hardcore gamer, I would go with the best gaming experience. Everything is pretty portable to some degree.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I have this on my iPhone with the intent of playing it next.

Last night not a lot of time to game. Still I managed a few races and bumped Pro Circuit up to 26%. Good fun. I like how you can try to finish a race with the correct qualifying car, but then if you are shy of gold you can re-try with a car that outclasses the event just so you aren't completely stuck. That made the game a lot more fun for my youngest son.

8. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

After launching the game for the first time, it gives me $25,000 starter money, but I can't click the continue button. I'm using a 6+, anyone else have this issue?

9. Elensil

Elensil Active Member

Sep 22, 2015
    RR2 is dead

BTW you guys have talked at length about Rear Racing disappearing as a hit on classic gaming. I have tried running Rear Racing 2 (the real gem, not RR3 crap) and its not compatible with iOS 8 and up. So even though its still available for sale and download. It can't be ran on modern devices.

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am able to run RR2 on my iPad mini 2. Game centre is not working but the game should. Anyway, one should not expect any support for this game ever anymore as it is EA game now.

11. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Guess what... update came out today! #
    Hopefully it's fixed.

12. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    #1652 Kraudi2k, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    Game doesnt launch anymore on iP6 and iOS9 even after the update. Just stays on the loading screen for
    minutes.

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    In other news: the HD version does not get updated, even though it runs on latest iOS fine. Time to knock on the door...

14. blakedamon

blakedamon Member

Sep 7, 2014
    So what exactly did they fix? iPhone 6S+ iOS 9 still stuck on boot screen, so no change. Delete again.

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    In anticipation for Grid, how is RR2?
    1) it has a premium price, but is it still or do they have price and Iap-timers?
    2)Also, are the graphics and gameplay comparable to RR3 or is RR2 too old now?
    3) Does it run on ios 10 iphone 6s+?

if someone that has it could check/ answer i would be really grateful. Grid isnt coming yet and RR3...well, you guys know it, best racing but way too iap if you want the cars-upgrades.

16. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    one and only bump in case someone could help and has not seen it.

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I played this for years. Really good game!
    No IAP, unless they've added them.. definitely worth the purchase, there is a lot of content..
    highly recommended

18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #1658 Son of Anarchy, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Great game as GPS said, no freemium f2p crap at all like RR3. You win races and use the prize money for new cars/upgrades etc.

Just wanted to add that it does have iap for the one and only currency in the game, but imo honestly not needed. Game is well balanced and still premium even after all these years.

Graphics are definitely a step down in that they're not as realistic as RR3, but they're still pretty good.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, if you don't mind the weird car physics model, lack of sense of speed and 30 fps all the time, I guess it could have been more fun.

Another racing game without iAP for modern devices, I would recommend F1-2016 and I think it has just started to go on sale.

20. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks everyone, seems i will be buying RR2 and NFS Most Wanted since it was also recently updated so it should hopefully work fine too.