iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    10 out of 10. Absolutely the new benchmark!
    Well done Firemint, you guys are AMAZING!!

2. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    well it is already 16 of december in russia... why game still not available in russian appstore?

3. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    uhm, where is the RR1 muti-player gamecenter update?? :confused: Doubt I will bother with that game after this puppy hits the store...

4. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    That's what I was wondering, I was looking forward to it.

5. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    So...how does this compare to RR1?

I'm one of those folks who have had RR1 on my phone since release day and have a hard time imagining it being better. Licensed cars and better graphics alone would not be a worthwhile jump up for me given the 600+ mb file size.

What are the compelling upticks from RR1 given the expected polish and perfection I already see in RR1 (and Flight control)?

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for the vid. I love the 360 views of cars at the beginning.

7. Archimedes

Archimedes Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Sigh. So it looks like we're not getting voice chat. That's a shame.

I'm not saying I hate Flight Control but... I totally hate Flight Control. Of all the games to tie in voice chat. It's not that it's a bad game. I'm just terrible at it. I tried out the voice chat, though and it's amazing. Of course, the only chatter I was getting was the other player telling me I shouldn't quit my day job. Came across crystal clear though!

8. robman84

robman84 Active Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Hmm, looks pretty, but from the posted videos the physics look atrocious - typical arcade-style throw it into the corner at any speed and it won't understeer or oversteer but happily bounce of any nearby cars and carry on.

Can any "sim experts" comment on the physics on this game? I've got plenty of arcade racers and don't want to put down $10 on another one. I'd like a decent sim-racer.

9. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    your collection of apps is incomplete without this game.

10. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Someone want to gift this to me? It is my birthday. :p
    I'll probably be getting it after Christmas.

11. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    What....

[​IMG]

Other then that the game is pretty amazing for an iPhone game! Though it do lagg a little here and there on my 3GS. But nothing major.

12. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The first game was sooo hard...
    This is definitely "real" racing lol, so different from easy games like Asphalt.
    The graphics in this one look amazing. I hope it's not photoshopped screenshots though. How does this game look on the iPad (not sure if iPad has that retina support)?

13. Firemonkeys Sam

Firemonkeys Sam Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Community Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow... that's an interesting bug :D

If anyone sees any bugs in Real Racing 2 please head over to http://www.firemint.com/support and report them. We'll do our best to track any issues down and really appreciate any assistance.

14. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

This has now become my most wanted game tonight! This looks to be like Real Racing, tuned and perfected.

Cannot wait!

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The weirdest thing is... that bug is in Shadow Guardian too! :confused:

16. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #96 salsamd, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    Hmm, did you watch the muscle car in the online races toward the end of the 1st and last youtube videos posted in this thread so far? I would hardly say that one cannot oversteer...

17. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    I have this bug too!

18. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Yeah heh, I almost thought I was struck by the "texture glitch" curse or something.

19. robman84

robman84 Active Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Do you mean the one in post 90? If so, that crazy steering and crashing car just seems invincible and defies the laws of physics!

I guess I ask too much of a mobile sim racer. But I know when I've found a good racer when I go into a corner too fast and I just know I'm not coming out the other side unscathed. I would call that the " o o o o h h h s h i i i i i i ...." moment :eek:)

20. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed. It's not sim like at all, no manual shift, and the cars do nice slides around the corners no matter how fast you're going or what car you're in.

I was hoping for a game better than GT Racing Academy or Hot Pursuit even, in the actual Realness of the Racing.

3/5