iPhone Reactor HD promo codes!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jquave, Nov 10, 2010.

1. jquave

jquave Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    #1 jquave, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. nremondelli

nremondelli Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Took 9EER69E4MMRN.

Thanks!

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
  4. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Noo.. No more!

5. jquave

jquave Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    Any thoughts or comments from someone who took a promo code? Would love to hear from the community.

6. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Developer
    Wisconsin

I've sent you a PM, I'll be happy to give a review for one.

7. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Nice. The video looks like it would be a lot of fun.

8. UncleSmoothie

UncleSmoothie Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Looks pretty awesome from the video! Love the theme. I'd love to hear people's impressions of it.

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now free. Maybe a good game if they get the controls right. No matter where I am trying—it never will spin that wheel that I want to have turned. Unplayable. (iPad iOS 3.2.2)

10. jquave

jquave Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    Bug

Habukuk, thank you for reporting on this issue. We did some testing and were able to duplicate your problem by locking the iPad in to landscape mode before running the game. We have authored a fix and submitted it to the app store. In the mean time you can give the game an honest try by unlocking the orientation of the iPad before starting the game. Let me know if this solves the problem.

Thanks!
    Jameson

11. UncleSmoothie

UncleSmoothie Member

Jun 4, 2010
    That's a pity! I still might try it for myself. It's not free in the UK app store, still showing as £1.79 here.

12. Rocketball

Rocketball Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I have to agree, the game looks great and fun, but no matter what orientation I put it in - I can't seem to play it. No matter which ring of the reactor you try to move, they do not always move when I touch them, the inner ring hardly ever moves and when it does it seems to go the opposite way.

Once the movements are fixed, this will be a great game, because the graphics are good and the concept looks fun, just cannot play it at the moment.

13. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#13 Habakuk, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    ^ Thanks Rocketball for translating my babble into English. :)

With the hardware switch? I've never used that orientation lock switch since I own my iPad. It was always unlocked.

And the controls are disturbed no matter in what orientation I start and run the game. Tried all four possibilities (even rebooted iPad before), in some ones the very first start screen (with your touch studios logo) will change orientation once and the OpenFeint bar will pop up… uhm…somewhere. Doesn't look very professional.

BTW after start in unlocked landscape orientation Reactor HD looks like this (similar in portrait):

[​IMG]

The lights in the blue areas are flickering and I can hear music but nothing changes. I will have to tap somewhere to have that plate fitting over the grey part. Shouldn't that be a self-running animation? And sometimes when I touch it a segment of the upper plate will disappear and you can see the grey underground.

Make it free again for one day or two days when it's repaired. Then I will recommend it maybe. Seems to be a really good game and worth the 2.39 Euro. What a pity!

14. jquave

jquave Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    Update v1.1

All, update v1.1 is now available on the app store fixing the issues discussed in this thread. The game is also free for the next 48 hours, enjoy!

Thanks,
    Jameson