iPad Re-Volt

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
    I got this message from IUGOME a couple weeks ago and I forgot about it. I asked if there was any news on Re-Volt and this is the response I got:

"Re-Volt is still in IUGO's plans, but I honestly don't know when. Re-Volt will be a VERY big investment for IUGO and as the app store stands right now, it would be quite hard for it to be a success.

We want to see what Apple does with the app store and if they figure out how to make discovery for the user a lot easier and more useful. The whole team is so amped to do Re-Volt, we just want to make sure it is the right time."

I've been waiting for this one since I got my iPhone and I know others have been too.

http://toucharcade.com/2008/05/29/re-volt-accelerometer-controlled-iphone-shooter/

2. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Thanks for the info.

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yes, thanks. Also, read my sig

4. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

I did ask in the forum before about Re-volt but none seems to know anything!

Well, now, we know why it's still not out yet. I guess, no wonder nobody want to do an FPS for the iPhone. But, I think a premium price $9.99 would at least bring back profits right? In the long run?
    :p

5. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I think i see their POV. Take a hard look at the top25 now. There really isn't any $9.99 premium games on there (at the time of this posting). The game is also not a "Big Brand" like Crash or SMB (with the huge amount of Apple marketing). Even Gameloft's very good premium games couldn't hold down a top25 spot for long. The top is crowded with cheaper, mostly with lesser production values/costs, games. So for them to sink the money to develop the game and try to sell it at $9.99 could be sucidal...

6. xiao

xiao Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    What you fail to realize is that the top 25 is classified by the amount of purchases and not the amount of money made. An app could make a huge profit and not be there.

7. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    You know what this is! It's reference to the $19.99 game section! Apple must have contacted noteworthy developers ahead of time (EA, IUGO, IG Fun) so they could delay and ready their high-end titles for the new premium category! Genius :p!!!

8. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    its not coming out YET

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    London, UK
    Hooray for pointless bumps!