Re-Volt first person shooter by IUGO

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by chukwuka13, May 11, 2009.

1. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
  2. MyDarkDesire

MyDarkDesire Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Holy crap that looks awesome!!!

3. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    The videos have serious glare and I am not sure how well tilt controls will work for a FPS but we will see I guess.

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
  5. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    i heard about this a while ago, thatd be strange if iugo still hasnt finished it in such a long period of time

6. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    The controls look terrible. Chalk it up as another FPS gamebreaker. Ugh...

7. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Sadly I think IUGO gave up on it. Too bad.

8. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    IUGO's still working on it. They said at GDC that it's coming at some point.

arn

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Good that this isn't EA making the game :rolleyes:. (That wuld be like this:"at some point"= In 2-5 Years :D)

10. pjmaybe

pjmaybe Member

May 7, 2009
    Freelance Journalist / Web Developer
    Oxford, England
    What a shame this isn't Re-Volt the sublime RC racer from Acclaim.

That game kicked ass, in fact it still does now I've finally got the thing working in Vista.

11. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Seriously i heard about this game last year; sometime around november, and i've already givin up on it. It will probally come out for the 3.0 software (most likely for the in game purchasing ability). Plus no fps will beat the upcoming game Prey. (A port from the xbox 360)

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    The controls is the main challenge for a FPS on this platform. If the next iPhone/Touch should have shoulder buttons it would be a bit easier to design :)

13. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    I saw this a few months ago.. What happened to this???? And Prey?? lol.. Yeah i don't think the tilt to move will work out so will; it didn't for Hill Billyy... So yeah. lol ;)

14. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Hey Kids!

Re-Volt is still very much in discussions here at IUGO. As we all know, FPS's are the most challenging games to make, and the most expensive. There are a number of things to consider in order to make an FPS work for mobile (as mentioned the controls are KEY). When we proceed with this game we want to do it right and ensure the timing is right. As a small, independent developer we have to carefully consider every project as each is a risk that can make or break the company.

IUGO is a non-VC backed company that so far has completely funded its own iPhone games internally. This is very difficult to do, especially with a sizable project such as Re-Volt. We are very happy to see the enthusiasm towards this project and its interest like this that helps push a game towards development. I will most certainly keep you all informed as soon as I hear more as to where Re-Volt is at.

Cheers!